Camera Advice needed for a good Ultra Zoom Camera for newbie starting with photography

Canon has extremely user friendly interfaces and good build quality. If possible, try both the Panny and Canon in a shop before you buy it. I did and ended up choosing the Canon just for it's feel in your hands (all other things were almost similar)

If you are seriously planning to jump into photography and learn it, then I would suggest you to go for entry level DSLR like Nikon D40 or D60.

You can use it and learn the basics of photography.As you gain more experience you can upgrade the lens.On ebay (Solardigitalcamera--Palika bazar thread) its available for 25K.Going for a digital megazoom camera won't help you learn the dynamics involved in photography.

Besides if you buy a megazoom point and shoot camera, you can't change the lens and it will be outdated in a year or two.

Believe me entry level DSLR is much much better than high end megazoom cameras as far as serious photography is involved.
The lens that comes with D60 is enough for ameture photography and believe me you won't need to upgrade it till you learn completely(it will take some 1 year atleast)
Bishnu

Bumping up this thread. Any updates from anyone who bought either of the cameras? Im looking at either the SX10IS or the FZ28. Really really confused between the two. Just starting to read the dpreview test, and ill see what i can gather from there. Meanwhile someone please post and help me out!! Thanks :D

hunt3r said:
Bumping up this thread. Any updates from anyone who bought either of the cameras? Im looking at either the SX10IS or the FZ28. Really really confused between the two. Just starting to read the dpreview test, and ill see what i can gather from there. Meanwhile someone please post and help me out!! Thanks :D

hey buddy, bought fz28 a few weeks back. just one word AWESOME :hap2:

^^More details would be appreciated other than its just awesome :p

But yea im leaning towards it as well, Li-on battery, smaller size and HD Video make up for the slight IQ advangtage of the SX10

hunt3r said:
^^More details would be appreciated other than its just awesome :p

But yea im leaning towards it as well, Li-on battery, smaller size and HD Video make up for the slight IQ advangtage of the SX10

bought it for rs. 18,100 with 4 gb sdhc from solar digicam, palika bazaar, new delhi :) the camera quality is excellent both build wise and feature wise. Also, it actually records video in HD mode. thats a big plus for this camera. there is also an iA mode which automatically selects the best shooting mode & settings keeping in mind the environment. like if you are shooting at night...it automatically selects night mode and when you come back to your room and take a closeup shot, it automatically changes to macro mode. the startup time is also less than 2 sec. u cant ask for a better camera than this one in this price bracket :hap2:

Back