Advice needed for Baby Monitor Camera

Okay, so I am in the market to buy a baby monitor camera and have no clue as to which one should I buy as I have no experience with any.

On searching on amazon, one would easily come across Qubo Baby cam by Hero Group
Product Link: https://www.amazon.in/Qubo-Monitor-...&sprefix=qubo+baby+monito,aps,413&sr=8-1&th=1

I really like the two features that this has.
Baby cry alert
Virtual cradle (You can mark a rectangular area on the screen, and if the baby moves out of this area, the alarm will go off.

Does anyone have this cam? If yes, how does it perform?
And if there is any other recommendation, that's also welcome.
But my budget is 5k so anything above that is not possible. Also, not interested in only audio feed monitors.

not quite familiar with the above product , however my friend has this one , and it is functions very well Safe-O-Kid Audio Baby Monitor.

Being a techie/geek and a father of two (younger one being hyper), both born 1.5 years apart, I do not really see the use for a baby monitor. This is a product that becomes practically useless when baby starts to roll on to his/her belly (usually around 4th month). From that point onwards, features like virtual alert will alert you so many times that you will end up turning it off. For first few months, babies cries are usually loud enough to wake entire house from sleep. Usability of baby monitor will be worse when babies start crawling. Unless you do not have a choice, stick to the traditional age old way of taking care of infants. Only real use of monitor is if both parents are off to work and you leave the baby with caretaker at home. In such case, you will need something Mi 360 in every room so that you can monitor from your phone wherever you are. We have this at my relatives house where there is a dementia patient.

For both our kids (both are still very very young), we had simple process (a highly recommended process):

1. First few months baby slept on the bed day/night. Till they start to roll on belly, they will not move on the bed. One will very easily get used to baby's sleep cycle. We used to keep the door to baby's room slightly open so that when he cried, we would hear.
2. When baby starts to roll over, used pillows on sides (cotton pillows that would not slide and fall easily) when baby is sleeping (we have a bed that is big enough for baby to rotate in sleep), to mark boundary. When baby is awake, used gym-mat (a.k.a play mat) in living room. Leave the baby to move around as this helps baby to develop muscle faster and they will also be happy as they see people around. They try lot more to move around and grab at things. Kitchen for babies is like computer parts showroom for a geek. So many things around, want to try everything. At night, baby sleeps with an adult (baby side of bed touching the wall, adult on the other side) with him.
3. When baby starts to crawl, we used to make the baby sleep in living room or in my work room during day time. We applied locks to all drawers, closed all electric sockets with plastic psuedo plugs. When baby is awake, let him/her move around freely in living room. Afternoon though, when babies usually sleep long, we used to have baby sleep in bed room and we periodically check. Trust me when I say this. Without a monitor, we used to go and check on baby when we know that his sleep is almost over. We just cannot resist giving a hug, stroking baby's hair.
4. When baby started to walk, it was back to bed room as both our kids would not move in deep sleep and when are awake, they would call us to get them off the bed.

Did they not fall ever? They did fall more than once and it is absolutely normal for kids to fall. We just made sure that there are no dangerous objects or sharp objects near the bed. For my younger kid, I sometimes used to keep a used quilt on the floor so that if he falls, he would fall on quilt (never happened though after he started walking).

In short, my suggestion is not to rely on tech to raise kids.

Being a techie/geek and a father of two (younger one being hyper), both born 1.5 years apart, I do not really see the use for a baby monitor. This is a product that becomes practically useless when baby starts to roll on to his/her belly (usually around 4th month). From that point onwards, features like virtual alert will alert you so many times that you will end up turning it off. For first few months, babies cries are usually loud enough to wake entire house from sleep. Usability of baby monitor will be worse when babies start crawling. Unless you do not have a choice, stick to the traditional age old way of taking care of infants. Only real use of monitor is if both parents are off to work and you leave the baby with caretaker at home. In such case, you will need something Mi 360 in every room so that you can monitor from your phone wherever you are. We have this at my relatives house where there is a dementia patient.

For both our kids (both are still very very young), we had simple process (a highly recommended process):

1. First few months baby slept on the bed day/night. Till they start to roll on belly, they will not move on the bed. One will very easily get used to baby's sleep cycle. We used to keep the door to baby's room slightly open so that when he cried, we would hear.
2. When baby starts to roll over, used pillows on sides (cotton pillows that would not slide and fall easily) when baby is sleeping (we have a bed that is big enough for baby to rotate in sleep), to mark boundary. When baby is awake, used gym-mat (a.k.a play mat) in living room. Leave the baby to move around as this helps baby to develop muscle faster and they will also be happy as they see people around. They try lot more to move around and grab at things. Kitchen for babies is like computer parts showroom for a geek. So many things around, want to try everything. At night, baby sleeps with an adult (baby side of bed touching the wall, adult on the other side) with him.
3. When baby starts to crawl, we used to make the baby sleep in living room or in my work room during day time. We applied locks to all drawers, closed all electric sockets with plastic psuedo plugs. When baby is awake, let him/her move around freely in living room. Afternoon though, when babies usually sleep long, we used to have baby sleep in bed room and we periodically check. Trust me when I say this. Without a monitor, we used to go and check on baby when we know that his sleep is almost over. We just cannot resist giving a hug, stroking baby's hair.
4. When baby started to walk, it was back to bed room as both our kids would not move in deep sleep and when are awake, they would call us to get them off the bed.

Did they not fall ever? They did fall more than once and it is absolutely normal for kids to fall. We just made sure that there are no dangerous objects or sharp objects near the bed. For my younger kid, I sometimes used to keep a used quilt on the floor so that if he falls, he would fall on quilt (never happened though after he started walking).

In short, my suggestion is not to rely on tech to raise kids.
Thanks for the long advice man.
Even I didn't bother to get one until last night.
My daughter is now 8 months old and me and my wife live alone. I left my job when she was 4-5 months pregnant. And after my daughter was born we stay by her side for like 24/7. I even don't work that much now just so I can keep an eye on her. My PC is in a different room so we take turns for being by her side.
Last night when I got out of shower, I went to wipe the bathroom and my wife put our daughter to sleep and went to kitchen to boil the milk. While I was washing my hands after wiping, I heard a loud thud and from the door I saw my daughter had fallen from the bed. You being a parent would understand how it would have felt. Believe me when I say we don't leave her alone for even half an hour.

My daughter is now 8 months old and pillows and blanket can rarely stop her. She just climbs over them.
I also thought about buying mats or mattress and covering all the sides of bed. Inclining towards mattress as it would still be more useful when she starts walking. What do you say?

Time to switch from cot to quilt/mat on floor during the day. My cousin makes her son sleep on a thick quilt on the floor next to the bed in bedroom, kid is 10 month old.

For my kids, I wanted to disassemble the cot in second room and use the extra space, decided not to after angry look from ladies of the house. So, ended up using the cot in my work room when I put kid to sleep if I have to monitor while working. It is easier as well to simply pat when they try to come out of sleep earlier.

It is either this or the living room floor.

Back