Storage Solutions Advice needed to buy a microSD Card

techboy01

Recruit
I'm planning to buy a 16 GB microSD card. Should I spend more on buying a UHS 1 class 10 card instead of just a class 10 card. Also, I don't have a good experience with SanDisk. Any of you here are using a Kingston microSD, please share your thoughts.

If you're gonna use it in your phone or tablet then Class 6 would be more than enough or even Class 4 would do. I'm using Samsung microSD both in my phone and tablet and can say its completely reliable.

For phone or tablet use better go for sony, transcend or samsung but i have personal experience only with sony and transcend cards and they have never failed on me.
But stay away from sandisk as i have heard that they get frequently dismounted and suffer from compatibility issues.

I have used sandisk and transcend, and fortunately never faced any issue with both of them. Currently using sandisk 32 gb class 4 since more than a year without a single issue.

Go with sandisk ultra series without a doubt. Priced right with 5yrs of warranty. Pretty good after sales service. And the biggest thing is that they are quite reliable. More than kingston, transcend etc.
Also, you must know that they make there own sd cards and are infact pioneers in this field. A lot other well known companies get there cards made from sandisk and put there name on it.

I have had more than 8 sandisk sd cards and 5 pendrives of various sizes. Had problem with only 1micro sd card 32gb. Which was used violently for 2.5yrs before it gave up. And sandisk replaced it with no questions asked.

Get sandisk ultra class 10. Avoid class 4 now. As processing power of mobiles and tablets have increased drastically. So, a class 4 would start to bottle neck your device or it won't feel faster during taking pics, or transferring content etc.

Back