Advice on buying a new refrigerator

Planning to upgrade my 13 year old model fridge(Whirlpool F23/2007).. I cant able to find a reliable source for review and comparison on refrigerator in India..

Going by amazon top seller is good ?

Need something big ie 300+ litres.

Also confused so many variety.. ie bottom mount , three door etc.

Any suggestions would be fine. I am not particular about brands , want only the best and with good practical features.

go with Brand that have service center near to your location or at least less hard for you to reach them....

Whirlpool
Samsung
LG

are some of reputed brands

Whirlpool has worked well for this many years , except for few hiccups and service. So might probably go with it .. but which brand has good features particularly the vegetable and fruit preservation..

Also online or showroom ? where to buy ?

Anyone have freezer at bottom setup fridge ? how is your experience ? concept is good but how much it is practical ?

I am looking at three door friedge , which is also quiet good , but does it cut the actual capacity of the fridge because of extra door and partitions.. ?

Go for buying from a local showroom. If it is a multi branch store then you can get one branch compete with another and drive a good bargain. Start bargaining with showing them the online price. These days you get better pricing in store than online for consumer goods.

Yes... just need to stretch legs ...

Last year we took almost 2 months to finalize on a refrigerator.
We went through those tempting online deals then wanted to see those models live in showroom so went to vijay sales, chroma, reliance and few more.
Finally found the model which suited our need.
Would suggest to not buy such appliances online directly but only after first viewing them practically by getting a practical idea which is very important.

@nRiTeCh I am using online to see features and prices only. For these appliances will only buy from local shop. Thanks for the advice.

Which model did you buy and any tips on what to look for when buying ?

Will the offline stores match up online stores ? as a local store has quoted me Rs 15000 extra from the company website prices , forget online stores .

For price factor buying online is much cheaper than offline stores. I recently bought a LG front load washing machine from Amazon for 28K after exchange of the old washing machine for 5K. The same washing machine was quoted as 38K in offline store and the exchange value of old washing machine was quoted for Rs.750/-. I did check out all the features from the offline stores before buying from Amazon. The store said that they will not be able to match the online store price. Also 10 days replacement is possible with Amazon for any defect in the product. No problem with amazon delivery and got same day installation.

@nRiTeCh I am using online to see features and prices only. For these appliances will only buy from local shop. Thanks for the advice.

Which model did you buy and any tips on what to look for when buying ?
See this was my thread while purchasing fridge... see the model nos. and other suggestions which might be useful to you..
My wife insisted under 300L while I like one time investment so went for this model with extended 3 yrs warranty. 28.5k with buyback on old bridge.
Investment paid off very well!
In fact I wanted to go for 400L model but then I would had to keep it in my hall only as the path to my kitchen is bit narrow which couldn't accommodate the size.

See this was my thread while purchasing fridge... see the model nos. and other suggestions which might be useful to you..
My wife insisted under 300L while I like one time investment so went for this model with extended 3 yrs warranty. 28.5k with buyback on old bridge.
Investment paid off very well!
In fact I wanted to go for 400L model but then I would had to keep it in my hall only as the path to my kitchen is bit narrow which couldn't accommodate the size.
How had your experience been with the fridge so far (Samsung 324 3 star)? I am looking for one that I can use as a deep freezer for extended periods and this one fits the bill perfectly. I have heard some horror stories about samsung support though.

How had your experience been with the fridge so far (Samsung 324 3 star)? I am looking for one that I can use as a deep freezer for extended periods and this one fits the bill perfectly. I have heard some horror stories about samsung support though.
Awesome exp. so far. Though called the technician last yr but that idiot never turned up but anyways it wasn't any sort of an issue.

Go for buying from a local showroom. If it is a multi branch store then you can get one branch compete with another and drive a good bargain. Start bargaining with showing them the online price. These days you get better pricing in store than online for consumer goods.
I guess its true for only Tier 1 cities coz when I was looking for LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter AC last year (well almost), the local wholesaler wasnt ready to budge below ₹42-43k. Croma (2020 model) was selling for ₹39-40k and Flipkart (2019 model) was selling for ₹38k. When I showed him online and croma deals, he said that those pieces are rejected/defective ones or models which don't sell much, that is why they are being sold at lower prices elsewhere. Hence, I had to decide between Croma and Flipkart.

But luckily Flipkart had a sale in June and I got one for ₹35k. That is the cheapest I have seen it even till now. Though I had to go for the 2019 model, there wasn't much difference between the two models, except for some different plating on fins and absence of horizontal swing.

Haier was the first to market these for quite some years. They are a Huge company. Go to the store and see for yourself the space management before ordering. Better take your mother and ask her to check the models.

I have been using a Haier unit since the last 4 years or so without any issues (so far), in case someone is wondering about the durability. Also, from experience avoid the ones that only have the freezer coil without a fan nor auto defrost. They're supposed to be more efficient but the cooling isn't as good and the eventual ice build up screws up the efficiency anyhow.

I liked one Haier black mirror finish model which was also transparent with bottom freezer but due to width size issues which we had to dump the choice.

Back