Graphic Cards Advice on buying used gpu under 15000

Hi guys,

I was looking for used GPU and I got a deal for gtx 970, 1 year old for Rs.12000. Should I buy it? It is for 1080p gaming.

Please give your valuable advice or can suggest better graphic card under 15000.

You should mention your pc specs.
Only thing I would like to mention is that Nvidia has been accused of degrading older hardware through drivers in order to boost the sale of new gpus.
PS the gtx 970 has been in spotlight for 3.5gb vram + slower 512 mb memory issues(You can google about it).
Personally, I think you can go for it with a bit of more bargain or save some money and go for gtx 1060/rx 470/480.
The gtx 970 should give you decent 1080p performance in majority of dx11 title(not ultra settings tho)

Well you have a beefy setup... I suggest you to get alteast gtx 1060/rx 480 to get the best out of your rig.
Otherwise you will face gpu bottleneck in most scenarios

EVGA GTX 1060 for around 17K from amazon.in global store is the best GPU you can buy at the price point,http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=evga+1060

Dont bother with used gpus as they wont be able to touch this price tag. evga offers international warranty & amazon global prices includes everything that you need to pay, You can also cut your EVGA™ GPU with a saw and we will cover that for you.

RX470 comes in a close second, but is like 10% slower and i doubt the after sales service will be good.

Their international warranty requires u to send the gpu to taiwan :p
just saying :)

just saying, evga offers the best warranty policy out of all comanies:p , they cover liquid cooling, overclocking, till an extent anything that you break off, EVGA handles all the hassle & and i guess Savera provides EVGA warranty in India now, so thats not an Issue.:)

also Zotac 1060 are selling around 17-20K with 5 year Indian warranty on ebay.in, better off buying zotac over EVGA due to the long delivery times and extra 2 year warranty.:p

http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_odkw...0&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=zotac+1060&_sacat=0

if budget is tight then yes the gtx 970 is still a formidable card but other than it's lower price, the 1060/rx480 are better gpu's.
a word of advice- if you're getting the gtx970 then do make sure it has a proper multi-fan cooler and not the blower style reference design as that's not as good.

If you want i could source a Indian warranty EVGA 6 GB for 22k Sealed with bill ie retails for around 24k.

or i might have a Sapphire 470 OC for sale soon haven't decided yet Let me know if u would be interested.

My personal advice would be to get a EVGA GTX 1060 from US. Find out if any of your friends or relatives are coming to India from US. Back november, I got it for 16.5K. The prices have fallen too. You don't have ship the GPU to Taiwan. I have a contact number of a person in Mumbai who handles RMA for EVGA even for GPUs bought from US. So, fret not and get one from US

My personal advice would be to get a EVGA GTX 1060 from US. Find out if any of your friends or relatives are coming to India from US. Back november, I got it for 16.5K. The prices have fallen too. You don't have ship the GPU to Taiwan. I have a contact number of a person in Mumbai who handles RMA for EVGA even for GPUs bought from US. So, fret not and get one from US
Bro can you tell who handles rma of evga in mumbai ?

Bro can you tell who handles rma of evga in mumbai ?
No one, I talked to the guy he was mentioning, it's SAVERA, a distributor & they have no clue what to do. they are separate from EVGA. Shipping to Taiwan is the only option.

EVGA also confirmed to me that they cant handle the service provided by 3rd party distributors.

But I have One word for EVGA service, Godlike.

After my experience with them, I don't care if I have to pay 2-3K to ship the gpu to Taiwan, and they have cross ship service, you ship from here and they ship from their side at the same time, they pay everything one way, and you get it in 7 days, through EMS.

You are paying half of what you will in India, just in case, if anything goes wrong, paying 2-3K to ship the GPU is totally worth it, I am not buying anything from MSI, Gigabait again, they make great products but their service cant be compared to EVGA.

I had a issue with my Motherboard brought from U.S., it was around 11K (Indian Mrp was 25K)

I bricked the mobo while trying to update the BIOS,

User Integrity means something to EVGA, things like broken mobo pins, capacitors and other things that MSI and gigabyte downright told me cannot me repaired or replaced, are covered by EVGA & they don't twat around with robots and support works in minutes and not weeks, I sent them a email requesting a new Chip, was ready to spend 2-4K, next morning a support rep Replied back and asked for my address, gave me instructions to recover the AMi bios on my board also Sent a new Bios Chip through EMS paid for, if things did not work out.

A week later, I had a brand new bios chip.

Meanwhile in Bharat, Asus india is taking 8 days to repair a week old h110 motherboard.

Another time I brought a Evga PSU from Amazon and it came without a few cables, I sent an email to EVGA, got a new Set to cables, again no questions asked, got them in a Month, nothing to pay.

Last edited:
Back