PC Peripherals Advice on colour scanner

a_t_u_l

Disciple
Hi. Need to convert old pics to digital. Looking for an easy to scan product. Need good quality, as its for home use wont spend a bomb. But at the same time something good for the job. Kindly advice models and price idea so as to make it easier.

Hi. Need to convert old pics to digital. Looking for an easy to scan product. Need good quality, as its for home use wont spend a bomb. But at the same time something good for the job. Kindly advice models and price idea so as to make it easier.
Specify your Budget?

^^ OP doesn't need a film-scanner :p

OP: You don't need to set a high budget (10K) for scanners. Look for features that will help you in daily use, after you are done with your picture scanning. If you want to spend more money then you can go for ADF, WiFi instead of just flatbed only. If you don't have any use of the scanner later on, then it's best to visit your local photostudio. They keep professional grade scanners, which will do a better job.

For scanners, resolution matters the most.

Can survive without a film scanner but need a good quality scanner. I have a bag full of old pics and selecting and taking pics for scanning is something i won't do. Rather have at home and scan at my pace.

Rather than purchasing a scanner, would suggest to rent one (I did, well technically). The cost of a good quality ADF scanner will be much more than your budget, for sure. I have used a flatbed scanner and scanned several albums worth of stuff (and spent days as well) and ADF is pretty much a must have.[DOUBLEPOST=1469813448][/DOUBLEPOST]The cheapest and a pretty good one is the Canon LiDe 110/120. The 110/120 is also SANE compatible (dunno which model)

Thanks Vivek, how much would the rent workout. What kind of model are we talking here for rent. Incase I go for a expensive one which wont be obsolete in few yrs, how much would it cost. Canon lide seems to be quite basic.

Thanks Vivek, how much would the rent workout. What kind of model are we talking here for rent. Incase I go for a expensive one which wont be obsolete in few yrs, how much would it cost. Canon lide seems to be quite basic.

Rent - you need to mention your location.

Obsolete - LOL. There is nothing which will make the scanner obsolete, unless you wanna stop scanning docs :p I know of people who have been using the same scanner for years. Driver support - yes - it could become an issue.

I m in mumbai, precisely santacruz west. What i searched adf are more in document scanners. I need something good and reliable.

Rather than purchasing a scanner, would suggest to rent one (I did, well technically). The cost of a good quality ADF scanner will be much more than your budget, for sure. I have used a flatbed scanner and scanned several albums worth of stuff (and spent days as well) and ADF is pretty much a must have.[DOUBLEPOST=1469813448][/DOUBLEPOST]The cheapest and a pretty good one is the Canon LiDe 110/120. The 110/120 is also SANE compatible (dunno which model)
Will Canon LiDe 110/120 give me the desired results or should i move up a few steps for a better quality.

Back