Video Advice on purchasing 65 inch tv

Hi

I am looking to upgrade to a good 65 inch tv. Currently I'm using a VU 65 inch premium android tv.

Budget is not fixed can go upto 1.5 lakhs

My primary usage : 4k blu rays played via pc, streaming on Netflix, prime etc. In 4k, very rarely airtel hd tv, ps4 pro, football matches via streaming

Shortlist till now
1. Sony x900h
2. Samsung the frame 2020

I'm a noob in this department so any links which i can learn from about qled, oled, led etc will be helpful as well

I will wall mount my tv. I have a denon avr setup along with 5.1 speaker setup though right now it is on hold as I'm going to upgrade the avr too. I am not too keen on very good quality speaker on the tv, just clear dialogues is good enough.

Room is living room though i have installed darkening curtains as well so roughly 70%-80% time it is in dark even though room is quite bright without the curtains

I will most probably buy an extended warranty I know that might be over and above the 150k price. However, if there is an option which can give me baked in extended warranty during a sale that will be very handy

Let me know what other details you would need to help advice me

Last edited:
I would also recommend LG Oled. Running 65” C8 for more than 2 years.No issues so far. Can’t go back to other displays.
If you can wait a bit, LG may launch its 2021 series soon (B1 C1 Z1 etc). Might get some sale offers for CX. If you can’t wait, BX is quite good as well (but would still recommend CX > BX). You should check out C9 too.

Burn in can happen with Oleds, it’s a genuine concern. RTings did a burn in torture test, most extreme possible scenario.
Newer panels have improved quite a bit. If you watch varied content, you won’t have a problem.

Lg warranty specifically mentions burn in not covered, but have read mixed reports people getting burn in covered in their extended warranties. Do confirm in the t&c.
RTings CX review
RTings BX review
RTings CX vs BX

Last edited:
same here as well... I don't have 65", but 55" C9... will not suggest anything else and I will never going back to regular LED anymore.

My suggestion would be wait for some more time and up your budget :)

If you're still interested in LED, there is no reason to spend more money in Sony, Samsung or LG... better to go for TCL or VU, because it is not much difference between them. Of course after sales experience may differ.

Any of you have the cx or c9 65 inch version?

Can you tell me the price you had paid for it and how long have you been using it for? I also saw on Croma something called a 5 year assurance plan free with the cx... Any experience with that or feedback?
Doesn't the warranty cover burn in as well?

65inch LG OLED during sales will be around 1.7L-ish. See if you can stretch. Thing of beauty. I have a 55inch C8 and 55inch X95G at home. While the X95G was Sony's flagship for 2019 (non OLED), the C8 is simply visibly ahead.

Even with local dimming zones etc, the natural contrast of OLED is the best you can get now. Punchy, vibrant, worthy of HDR content.

Else get the X900H/whatever Sony is bringing to replace it in 2021.
More than 50 months in, no issues whatsoever. OTT/Switch/PS5/External HDD usage quite regularly.

What if my viewing is primarily tata sky which has it's logo visible all the time? Will the LG CX face burn in issues for this usage?

Yes I guess a 4k oled is probably wasted on tata sky 1080p dth quality visuals but I will have the occasional 4k streaming sessions.

What if my viewing is primarily tata sky which has it's logo visible all the time? Will the LG CX face burn in issues for this usage?

Yes I guess a 4k oled is probably wasted on tata sky 1080p dth quality visuals but I will have the occasional 4k streaming sessions.

LG uses pixel/logo shift, which keeps on moving the logo ever so slightly (not noticeable) to prevent burn in. Have some friends who use their TVs traditionally, some even using from 2017 onwards, and no complaints of burn in.

Just don't cut off mains power after switching it off. The LG OLEDs use pixel refresher (to remove image retention etc), which runs after every 4 hours of screen on time (combined) automatically (short run). Generally it runs after you switch off the TV via remote, hence mains off would also stop pixel refresher from running.
The longer pixel refresher (which takes an hour or so) runs after every 2000 hours.

LG uses pixel/logo shift, which keeps on moving the logo ever so slightly (not noticeable) to prevent burn in. Have some friends who use their TVs traditionally, some even using from 2017 onwards, and no complaints of burn in.

Just don't cut off mains power after switching it off. The LG OLEDs use pixel refresher (to remove image retention etc), which runs after every 4 hours of screen on time (combined) automatically (short run). Generally it runs after you switch off the TV via remote, hence mains off would also stop pixel refresher from running.
The longer pixel refresher (which takes an hour or so) runs after every 2000 hours.
The fact is that Pixel Shifting doesn't do much to prevent burn-in and hence logos end up being the first to burn in to the screen. In most cases, it won't matter but the fact is that it still requires managing one's viewing habits over the long-term Anyway, the article below explains most of this in fairly good detail.

Honestly budget isn't an issue in this case... I can go upto slightly above 2 for the right tv.. However I am averse to spending such a big amount on a technology which has a risk of burn in...

I am mostly going to buy a qled based on the discussion above... What are the best tvs for that?

The fact is that Pixel Shifting doesn't do much to prevent burn-in and hence logos end up being the first to burn in to the screen. In most cases, it won't matter but the fact is that it still requires managing one's viewing habits over the long-term Anyway, the article below explains most of this in fairly good detail.
I kind of agree. Even my Samsung Plasma TV had Pixel shifting technology, but the Airtel logo still got burnt in. As did the Sony logo because that was the single channel Mom watched. Maybe LG have done something better considering this is a 2019 TV.

Honestly budget isn't an issue in this case... I can go upto slightly above 2 for the right tv.. However I am averse to spending such a big amount on a technology which has a risk of burn in...

I am mostly going to buy a qled based on the discussion above... What are the best tvs for that?
QLED won't really feel an upgrade over your LED TV. But I understand your feeling about burn-in. If this was UK, you could have gone for the OLED without any thought, because somehow the retailers there provide 5yrs warranty even including burn-in.
What is the reason you are looking for an upgrade. Because a normal Sony LED, even with it's beautiful color reproduction, won't feel much of an upgrade compared to the price you would be paying for it. Same goes for QLED. So, logically, OLED is the only upgrade, especially if you are going to end up spending big bucks.

Not worth it for Tata Sky at all. The source quality itself is very poor, there is no benefit of OLED over normal TVs.

Any tv with a static image watched for a considerable amount(more than 10-12 hours) consistently of time will have a burn-in sometime or the other. It depends on your luck, sometimes it will take place early, sometimes after 5 years or so. If you intend to changing your tv after 5-6 years or so with above use case, go with OLED. Nothing comes close to the contrast it offers.
This was the main reason I dropped the idea of getting an OLeD and got Samsung Q7fn 55". It was an upgrade from my 15". crt.
As mentioned, the only upgrade over LEDs is OLED. If you can pull along, may be the next best thing is micro leds.
If you are mixing your tv content rather than static(games which have fixed slots like cross hair in fps games) content then no worries about burn-in. Also keeping brightness at a higher level(80+)will also have an impact, so do keep that in mind.
Do refer to Rtings articles and videos. He has done a considerable research about burn-in and stuff.
This was in 2019. If LG has improved their panel quality then its good news.

Any tv with a static image watched for a considerable amount(more than 10-12 hours) consistently of time will have a burn-in sometime or the other. It depends on your luck, sometimes it will take place early, sometimes after 5 years or so. If you intend to changing your tv after 5-6 years or so with above use case, go with OLED. Nothing comes close to the contrast it offers.
This was the main reason I dropped the idea of getting an OLeD and got Samsung Q7fn 55". It was an upgrade from my 15". crt.
As mentioned, the only upgrade over LEDs is OLED. If you can pull along, may be the next best thing is micro leds.
If you are mixing your tv content rather than static(games which have fixed slots like cross hair in fps games) content then no worries about burn-in. Also keeping brightness at a higher level(80+)will also have an impact, so do keep that in mind.
Do refer to Rtings articles and videos. He has done a considerable research about burn-in and stuff.
This was in 2019. If LG has improved their panel quality then its good news.
Thanks for your inputs. Have got a projector instead

My new home theater setup :D | TechEnclave - Indian Technology Community

Back