Advise needed for good tws between 5k to 10k with all bells and whistles

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I am looking to buy a pair of tws to gift someone.. A good brand may be
Apart from great music quality should have all the usual bells and whistles that are common now..
Like being comfortable
Anc
Good call quality
Least latency
Support for all major codecs if possible
Solid build
Great connectivity (will be primarily used with an iPhone)
Decent IP rating..

please advise..

Last edited:
My recommend would be either the jabra 10 elite which on sale goes for 13k

Or the elite 8 active which goes for around 9k again on sale. The battery life on this one is exceptional as is the IP rating. I don't know when the next sale will be on amazon. So if you can wait it would be worth it.

Jabra is the best when it comes to all rounders. Except codecs. Only aac & sbc with the possibility of LC3 (low energy BT) via a firmware upgrade

The ones available in India are gen 1. Gen 2 is out in the west but no idea if it will arrive in India.

Unfortunately gen 2 will be the last as jabra is getting out of the tws business.

So there is the possibility of steep discounts but no guarantee of getting it. Black Friday etc

If Jabra is not an option then the Oneplus Buds 3 could be worth considering

Have a look at galaxy buds 2 pro as well.
No

Great connectivity (will be primarily used with an iPhone)
Samsung returns the favour to apple by no app for iphone.

How does the oneplus app fare on iPhone?
Currently, OPPO Enco X2, OPPO Enco Free2, OPPO Enco Free2i, OPPO Enco Air2 Pro, OPPO Enco Air, OPPO Enco R Pro, OPPO Enco Play, OnePlus Buds Pro and OnePlus Buds Z2 are supported.
Why are they lagging so far behind in supporting their own products?

Unless someone confirms all the oneplus recommends won't show up in this app

Update: version history shows they added support for one plud buds pro 2 so odds are pro 3 will also be supported.

No oneplus buds 3 support though :bored:

Last edited:
No

Ah yes. I have been enjoying the galaxy buds+ with iphone and it has app support as well.
Seems like they have discontinued the app support for later buds models. Good point mr. bangalore p :p.
If app support is crucial, then op can ignore buds models totally for now.

App support is crucial otherwise no firmware updates unless you have access to an android phone.

Battery level? Pretty important to know that

@JMak ?

Last edited:
App support is crucial otherwise no firmware updates unless you have access to an android phone.

Battery level? Pretty important to know that

@JMak ?
Well the user would a medical student...
And I firmly Beleive battery levels are pretty important to be aware of.

For now one plus buds seems kind of logical let's see if 3 pro comes out before his counselling is over.

Well the user would a medical student...
And I firmly Beleive battery levels are pretty important to be aware of.
Access to android phone? Things can be configured like that but it's an inconvenience.

The brands that will work with iPhone are pricier. Jabra will. Look at sony. Link buds S gets good reviews but price is high in India for some reason.
For now one plus buds seems kind of logical let's see if 3 pro comes out before his counselling is over.
There will be a delay before app support shows up.

Some Chinese guy in one of the review videos was asking how buds pro 3 coming out in India before China :hilarious:

Access to android phone? Things can be configured like that but it's an inconvenience.

The brands that will work with iPhone are pricier. Jabra will. Look at sony. Link buds S gets good reviews but price is high in India for some reason.

Some Chinese guy in one of the review videos was asking how buds pro 3 coming out in India before China :hilarious:
Not just for firmware updates, but there are situations where you want to turn off touch controls, change anc/transparency levels etc. during travel or sleep, so I feel app support is crucial, hence ignore samsung for now, unless the guy always carries an android phone as well.

Yes he ll have access to android phone as well..
Will keep an eye out for the brands that you are suggesting as well..

No

Update: version history shows they added support for one plud buds pro 2 so odds are pro 3 will also be supported.

hey melody also supports oneplus buds 3

No

Can confirm Pro 3 are supported.

@JMak check out the sound core liberty 4 NC by anker. It's bang on in your budget and comes with all the bells and whistles you seek (ANC, App with 20+ EQ options, touch controls, etc.).

My second recommendation would be the moondrop golden ages if it becomes available in India soon enough for you to go ahead with the purchase.

Im using Heymelody app with my Oneplus buds 3 on my Poco x6 pro. EXCELLENT pair of TWS. no idea if Heymelody support list is different for Android and Apple?

@JMak check out the sound core liberty 4 NC by anker. It's bang on in your budget and comes with all the bells and whistles you seek (ANC, App with 20+ EQ options, touch controls, etc.).
This one is good
My second recommendation would be the moondrop golden ages if it becomes available in India soon enough for you to go ahead with the purchase.
This one is not

Terrible call quality in a quiet room and only the right earbud can be used in mono mode not the left.

Terrible call quality in a quiet room and only the right earbud can be used in mono mode not the left.
Ha, I didn't know about the issues. These will ruin their chances, I was even considering getting one for myself in the future as I'm using their space travel tws earbuds rn, and they're really good.

Ha, I didn't know about the issues. These will ruin their chances, I was even considering getting one for myself in the future as I'm using their space travel tws earbuds rn, and they're really good.
For sound quality only. They fall short for other requirements in the opener. Saw space travel being mentioned in the comments for that review.

No iPhone support?

Back