Agenda-driven global rankings

6pack

ex-Mod

So what do you think, is the govt going to do about it?

I feel, we can make our own firms. All these countries throwing stones at us have their own internal problems which they conveniently forget.
Only thing is there's a lot of difference between saying and doing something. And I've always seen that the Indian govt does things half heartedly without any objectives or target in mind and everything falls flat. These officers talk big and don't deliver.

All these countries throwing stones at us have their own internal problems which they conveniently forget.
No, these countries do not know enough about India to do that. Don't fall for this explanation. They ain't no 'foreign hand' here.

These low rankings are primarily due to Indians that are opposed to the present govt. For some reason, their 'expertise' is sought in these rankings and they never fail to fail India.

You can ignore the rankings but some have longer term consequences. So these people are doing harm to India in the long run because of THEIR political agendas.

The former elite are out of work, they don't like it. This is how they fight back. They used to call the shots. They decided how you thought about things. Nobody is listening to them anymore because their ideas are outdated. They are refusing to adapt to a new India. That is the crux.

What they are doing is exploiting a gap in Western knowledge for their own partisan benefit. The negative Western experience with nationalism cannot be compared with the nationalism of post-colonial nations whose liberation could only come about from nationalists. So nationalism in post-colonial countries isn't a danger but represents hope. What does the N in INC stand for? This is why all this 'fascist' name-calling is so ignorant. The thing is people like Soros who grew up in a nazi occupied Hungary just won't accept this explanation.

Look up any discussions with Salvatore Babones. He's an American professor based in Australia who has an interest in data and sociology. He is not an India watcher, expert or anything. His findings are based on the data that makes up these rankings and he bluntly puts a mirror up in front of us.

That's his latest

So what do you think, is the govt going to do about it?
I don't know. GOI's standard response regardless of who is in charge is they do not care for these rankings. We do not need certificates from such institutions has long been the govt's refrain.

Last edited:
There are times, I catch myself looking in the mirror and wishing I could adjust the light to soften my flaws. You know what I mean? make my imperfections look less obvious, because the hardest reflection to face is the one that reveals my own insecurities.

I mean why wont India want to create its own global indices? In all fairness, nothing says superpower like grading your own homework.

Now a days, almost all techno-centric states are econo-centric for the sake of busienss-politico nexus.
India do have it's own problems, but those foreign vested interests throwing stones at glass houses are not that better in shape than us.
There are even allegations that much of world problems are created to keep them and their status afloat and nothing else.

India definitely have to show it's influence in powerful way, one way or other to the global powers and dependent countries, otherwise will never will earn the respect it deserves.

Look up any discussions with Salvatore Babones. He's an American professor based in Australia who has an interest in data and sociology.

Babones welcomed Trump's populist approach to governance as a dissent against the usual "tyranny of unelected authoritarian experts" in liberal democracies. Rejecting allegations of authoritarianism, he found Trump's administration effective and credited Trump with strengthening democratic ideals by returning power to the electorate.
Babones has since held the January 6 United States Capitol attack to be a "mostly peaceful protest"; he argued that Joe Biden was still a bigger threat to democracy on account of being supported by the press.

Counter him on the points he has made. Can you do that? which is India's low ranking is due to Indians opposed to the present govt. That the input comes from Indians is beyond doubt since they are confidential surveys. We don't know who gets them, what is asked or the replies. But the results are laughably biased. And if the opposition uses such surveys to slam the govt then that shows they need to remain in opposition for some more time.

What did you intend to convey with that quoted bit btw? Have the courage to say

As a Trump supporter, I entirely agree with his views in the quote. The democrats want to portray Jan 6 as our parliament attack in 2001 which is a joke But their media makes it look like that. The most egregious attack on American democracy ever. So they could throw the book at the misguided fools that did it.

Both Trump & Modi are nationalists. For some reason, they never use that term in US media when referring to Trump but that is what he is. Saying nationalist is not scary enough. Americans sing the national anthem at every sports meet and they like to wave the star and stripes whenever. Overt displays of nationalism.

Instead, they prefer vague terms like alt-right, and far-right to characterise Trump supporters. The handful that did Jan 6. There were a lot of people on Jan 6. Some even waved Indian flags. Not all of them went in. When I explain to people that 50% of Vietnamese origin and 30% of Asian Americans (including Indians) are also Trump supporters they have no response :D

The one thing I will always credit Trump with is the term 'fake news'. How bad has the media got to be when a President slams his own media? It really opened my eyes to how overly biased they were against him. He said on Jan 6, the media in the US is free but not fair. Absolutely right. You could not trust their MSM when it came to its reporting on him. But we all think they are the gold standard. heh, no. Not anymore. The internet affected their revenues and they say what whoever pays them wants. One of my recent discoveries is the Western MSM is a better source of CCP propaganda than local Chinese media. Western MSM says what the CCP wants to maintain access to internal CCP sources. Big business depends on it. No scoops otherwise.

Otherwise yeah, go ahead and believe that Pakistan & Afghanistan have more press freedom than India or we are as bad. The liberal press loses its access when a right of centre govt enters office. I saw this during Bush's time and CNN was always complaining about it. They don't get the paid junkets and scoops they used to get because the govt knows whatever favours granted will be abused by a group that is ideologically opposed. They are being outcompeted by commentators on other platforms. They are hurting. What do you think they will say about press freedom in India?

Last edited:
While I am unfamiliar with and hardly ever come across Afghan media, I've definitely read some boldly outspoken and hard-hitting articles in the Dawn whose equivalents would not be publishable in our papers in current times. Enough to make me not dismiss that claim about Pakistani media freedoms straightaway. Like India, Pakistan also has excellence in some pockets and is terrible in others.

As a Trump supporter, I entirely agree with his views in the quote. The democrats want to portray Jan 6 as our parliament attack in 2001 which is a joke But their media makes it look like that. The most egregious attack on American democracy ever. So they could throw the book at the misguided fools that did it.
I am not talking about Indian global ranking issue but the fact that you bring up support from a disputed source. Would it make a difference to you if on that day in 2001 some Pakistani civilians shouting Pakistan Zindabad slogan barged into PM office & sit on the chair while taking a selfie with victory sign instead of an armed terrorist? If you think that's acceptable/nothing significant then nothing more to say but if that's not acceptable to you then stop portraying 6 Jan Capitol attack as something "insignificant" because it is not.

Only feel good global rankings are allowed. :cool:
1685366113569.png

I am not talking about Indian global ranking issue but the fact that you bring up support from a disputed source.
Who said he's a disputed source? Who decided that and on what basis?

Watch the video and then tell me where he is wrong. You re unable to do that so you resort to character assassination on some arbitrary basis.
Only feel good global rankings are allowed. :cool:
View attachment 169659
Deserves it considering the covid handling and how deftly they manoeuvered after the Ukraine conflict. At the recent G7 meeting, Biden asked Modi whether he could get his autograph :D

We've got the highest growth rate in the world. Look at the growth in other countries. All looking at a recession. Who's fault? theirs. If only they had the kind of govt we have here.

Are we not supposed to acknowledge that?

Last edited:
Who said he's a disputed source? Who decided that and on what basis?

Watch the video and then tell me where he is wrong. Don't just character assassinate on some arbitrary basis.
I am not character assassinating anyone. No human can be right in every field/matter. He can be right in this matter but clearly wasn't when it comes to assessing the accuracy of significant events like 6th jan Capitol Hill attack so I am just suggesting to use a "better source". Surely he can't be the only one you can find on this matter.

He can be right in this matter but clearly wasn't when it comes to assessing the accuracy of significant events like 6th jan Capitol Hill attack
He was right on the Jan 6 matter.
so I am just suggesting to use a "better source". Surely he can't be the only one you can find on this matter.
He said the reason for the low rankings is internal and based on the input data. That's it. Nobody 'better' is needed. The guy knows data and his take is unique here.

He's given this interview to a number of terrestrial channels as well as YT. The only people with a problem with him are the opposition because he's fingering them.

What can the govt do? tell these orgs to be smarter with whom they do their surveys. The problem should fix itself over time.

The PM met the professor in Australia and asked him how India could do better so this guy is relevant. And they spent 15 minutes talking about statistics.

Forgot to mention that Babones thinks the data and statistics that GOI puts out stinks and we need to do a better job at it. Once that happens things will improve.

So @6pack there's your answer as to what the govt will do.

Right now when these indices come out or any of the usual India bashing articles appear in the Western press there is no counterargument to be made because the statistics that would enable that are missing or are poor.

Who is talking about statistics playing a role in this image perception thing? only Babones :happy:

Oh, and Modi got a better reception in Australia than Bruce Springsteen to the point the Aussie PM called Modi boss. Aussie pols at the stadium hosting were jealous that twenty thousand of THEIR people can call Modi's name in perfect unison because none of them can pull off a feat like that.

Back