Airtel customer care in kanchipuram(TN) SUCKS

sam000

Adept
I have taken 512 unlimited plan from airtel this month for 1 week everything was good.I dont know what happened i am getting only 6KB/S this continued for a week then i contacted customer care and requested to take action.the supervisor said about the undersea cable thing and it would take atleast 5 days to get back to normal.
I knew he was not telling the truth 'cause my neighbor who has a dialup connection is getting good speed than my airtel connection.so i said the same.
The guys reply was the most shocking,he told me to go for the dialup connection.I told him that he is being very rude and his attitude is not helping my situation.I told him i pay Rs1700 for the said service so expect some kind of a "service".He replied that i was not donating the money for free that airtel was providing "service" for the same:mad: .I never been treated anywhere close to this by my previous isp(bsnl) i never even imagined i would face this kind of sarcastic behavior from AIRTEL :( .Planning to move to my old isp again.the only bright side is i was planning to upgrade to airtel 1 MBPS unlimited so i save close to 1.1K by moving to bsnl 512 plan:p

sam000 said:
.I dont know what happened i am getting only 6KB/S this continued for a week then i contacted customer care and requested to take action..the supervisor said about the undersea cable thing and it would take atleast 5 days to get back to normal
I knew he was not telling the truth 'cause my neighbor who has a dialup connection is getting good speed than my airtel connection.so i said the same.

'Major cables cut, Internet traffic disrupted' - Anyone facing bandwidth issues?

sometimes it helps browsing other parts of this forum.

Not only in Kanchipuram, it's even in Pune, Kolhapur etc.. I mean everywhere.. :bleh: I have wasted too much time for complaining them about their bullsh*t service..

I chosen better way, i.e. Changing ISP :mad:

i have had exemplary customer service from airtel ...its been a rarity that i even have some issues and if i do they are there within 3-4 hours to rectify it ...

thanks for the reply guys.can u guys tell me what the dns server of airtel is?.cause i am using opendns thought i would change to airtel 1st and check.
thanks.
@chauhan thanks for the valuable advice:D

Do you know his name?

Switch ISP if u wish. but leave a complaint with the nodal officer.

They are generally helpful and act fast.

Customer Service in Airtel is very good in chennai atleast (afaik), all my complaints are addressed in an hour.

Yup Airtel customer care in Bangalore rocks!!! usually take less than an hour to solve my problem or send an engineer to my place.....

sam000 said:
thanks for the reply guys.can u guys tell me what the dns server of airtel is?.cause i am using opendns thought i would change to airtel 1st and check.
thanks.
@chauhan thanks for the valuable advice:D

P DNS - 59.144.127.16
A DNS - 59.144.127.17

go to there site airtel.in and click contact us section select nodal contact Mumbai and send mail today you go the call tomorrow morning before 11.00 a.m.

@vij no man i dont know his name but i could recognize his voice though.

@saiyan less than aan hour to sort problems out u got to be kidding right :O

Ok i just removed my opendns and put the above mentioned dns server of airtel
remember i was getting just 6-7KB/S with open dns but now here r the results:

Though the speeds are nowhere near to what i was getting still its a drastic
improvement.Is their anyway i can get my speed back to normal :( .
why airtel cc not even pay a visit to my house and check what i was whining about :no: . My dad contacted a senior level guy from airtel he said he was responsible for both chennai and kanchipuram and demanded the errant guys name and promised to take him to task. my dad told him finding who it was is his job and we r dissapointed with the treatment meted to us.
Even he asked for 3 days for the problem to be solved:p and he said the slow speed issue is specific to kanchipuram and has nothing to do with undersea cable thing :bomb:

^Sad to hear your issue is getting dragged, recently when i mailed the customer care at 9am for getting their wifi router, i got the call for the installation at 9.45am , i made them come after 1 hr as i wanted to finish of my morning tasks n all :p.

I always get confused with people who have problems with Airtel CC. I mean no wrong, but in all my time with Airtel, im with the Bangy guys here, the maximum it takes for to resolve a problem (which has happened like only twice, in well over a year i've had Airtel) they usually fix it withing 30-45 mins.

yeah its pretty surprising to see this, the service in bangalore is pretty neat and fast. I never got sarcasm form the CC dept. Its sad to see this kind of treatment pushed down on people...

Back