Airtel Doubles Unlimited Plan speed?

:clap: I just noticed my home 999 plan is giving me 494 kbps during the day.... This happened an hour ago. My download speed gone to 60kbps. Actually I was so shocked that I double checked I was on airtel and not mtnl as I have both the connections terminating to my pc. But it is confirmed, its airtel, mtnl is off.... besides MTNL is giving me 1.4mpbs, and Airtel just 494kbps , but this would do, as this is a true unlimited plan and I am just hoping they double the speed to 1 mbps during the night.

Ok something weird is going on with me. I rec-connected my modem, did a speedtest, and got 389kbps (47kBps), but right after that I proceeded to download a file from rapidshare servers and it went right back to 256 (20kBps)

Did another speed test, no change from 256 :(

WTF!

Everybody here on Airtel re-connect their modems and post the results. NAO!!

Indeed. Several guys at broadbandforum.in also also had spikes and its back down.

Maybe its testing, maybe it was just a glitch. Lets hope for the better :)

Yeah me tooo.... I just thought mine had gone down as I restarted my modem.... but after several restarts its back to reality 256 damn kbps.... On the other hand the mtnl is going at around 1381 kbps. If these idiots at airtel dont increase speed by 25th January, than I would just change my plan on MTNL and go that route.... Just need to confirm that MTNL unlimited/or night unlimited users in delhi are getting 1mbps or higher speeds.

Yesterday (in Delhi), my 999 unlimited plans speed didnt exactly double at night. It averaged to 30KBps. This is the first time I saw such slow speed at night in this plan.

Surprisingly, today morning when I checked at around 9:30 AM, speed was still 30KBps wheras it normally drops back to 19-20 KBps these days.

I called CC yesterday night. As expected, they didnt have a clue. They just made the same old damaged-cable-due-to-quake excuse. However this time guy told me that cables will be repaired by 16th Jan

strange that it never doubles at night just go and tell them u want to disconnect from their services as stuff u know these ppl will surely do something.

and yes even i saw a increase in speed yesterday my downloads went till 50 - 60 in the day time but at night the speeds were very poor no doubling . even now am not getting good speeds just 16 - 17 downloading . goes upto 22 - 23 but thats just for a min or so.

just hoping airtel starts giving more speed or else i think many home users will start switching to MTNL esp the unlimited plan users.

Can any one confirm what speeds are people getting on MTNL ? in night unlimited plans and stuff???

as for airtel i had taken this pic check it out ,

ya thats what the 128 kpbs is suppose to give you man. just hope that they upgrade you soon to 512 @ same price and may be 999 plan @ 1mpbs !!!!

Back