Video Airtel IPTV. To go for it or not?

deepankar143

Disciple
Hey Friends,

Today I got call from Airtel and they are offering the Airtel IPTV at really amazing prices. Rs999 plan which includes IPTV with 139 channels + 256kbps unlimited broadband connection with 100 free pulses at Rs 1750 which is installation cost and also upgrading of my current wireline broadband to WiFi broadband.

The Airtel has not promoted its IPTV service on the large scale, like its Digital TV service. Also, there is not much said in the reviews about the same.

Can u plz suggest me should I go with installing IPTV?

What are its weak points?

Is IPTV better than Digital TV?

Airtel IPTV users plz help me in this regard!!

It is technologically better than DTH as:

- there is no disruption of service in bad weather.

- Interactive features ready

- enough bandwidth for carrying HD signals. So future proof.

Also, with Airtel IPTV, you can watch TV shows stored on Airtel's servers for the last 7 days. This is not possible with DTH unless you have a PVR like TataSky+ (which cannot store all the shows).

You can read woikr's review here: Airtel launches IPTV services in India | woikr

^ And in practically Airtel IPTV is worst than DTH in terms of picture quality, audio quality and software interference. I have used Airtel IPTV and currently using Airtel DTH (Mega Pack)

Its one of the best services better than DTH as I heard data is moved both ways. (not in DTH).

I wont recommend going for IPTV right now, wait for HD content to come over and they'll have new boxes very soon.

virus32win said:
^ And in practically Airtel IPTV is worst than DTH in terms of picture quality, audio quality and software interference. I have used Airtel IPTV and currently using Airtel DTH (Mega Pack)

There is no real difference in PQ, they both are directing you SD quality in MPEG4. PQ and content for both are same but the medium is different.

If the broadband usage at one's home is decent, IPTV is more value for money than DTH. Also IPTV offers more features currently than DTH.

well i have airtel's IPTV and i would definitely recommend it!!

good features for good price. i have hardly had any problems with the connection.

the only that bugs me( its not even a problem), is that there's always a slight delay or lag while browsing through the menus...

Back