Airtel moving Post paid customer ls to higher 349 Plan.

Dushie

Adept
Just got sms from Airtel Bangalore that my postpaid plan would be changed to 349 from next billing cycle in August. I was under 299 Infinity plan with 20 GB data and now they are.forecefullyoving me to 349 plan. Got the below SMS today.

Dear Airtel Customer, from 21-Aug-24 , your postpaid rental will change to 349 +18% GST. You will get 30 GB data, Unlimited calls & 100 SMS / day.

I do not wish to move to a higher plan any options what can be done here .Did anyone else get the plan change notification from Airtel

Last edited:
Just got sms from Airtel Bangalore that my postpaid plan would be changed to 349 from next billing cycle in August. I was under 299 Infinity plan with 20 GB data and now they are.forecefullyoving me to 349 plan. Got the below SMS today.

Dear Airtel Customer, from 21-Aug-24 , your postpaid rental will change to 349 +18% GST. You will get 30 GB data, Unlimited calls & 100 SMS / day.

I do not wish to move to a higher plan any options what can be done here .Did anyone else get the plan change notification from Airtel
Ask them to convert it to prepaid. They might provide you the option to be on the existing price for some more time. Airtel hates customers moving to prepaid from postpaid.

Ask them to convert it to prepaid. They might provide you the option to be on the existing price for some more time. Airtel hates customers moving to prepaid from postpaid.
Yes , that would be the next option as I do not want this expensive plan. Either move to prepaid or port to another provider and see what offers are there

Attachments

• airbur.png
    airbur.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 38
Yes , that would be the next option as I do not want this expensive plan. Either move to prepaid or port to another provider and see what offers are there
All providers have similar price for same number of connections and provide the same value prop imo
AFAIK, Airtel is one provider that has consistently charged the most it possibly can. Always. Seems like people really disliked Airtel before Jio was a thing. @psyph3r You had written this 2014: https://techenclave.com/threads/reliance-jio-rollout.170888/post-2001166

Can you provide some context? I'm curious.
That's why chortel

Also got a notification today, increasing airtel black from 1799+tax to 1999+tax. I'm not happy about that at all, might switch back to prepaid, although I really like the convenience of having just 1 bill and not recharging everything separately.

I'm on the 999 post paid plan with 4 connections. Used to pay around 1178/- with GST every month but now after the hike not received any communication on the next payment yet.

In the past, Airtel's CEO has said multiple times that they want to increase their ARPU even at the cost of a fall in subscriber numbers. They would rather have fewer high ARPU customers to whom they can provide high-quality services than have low ARPU customers due to which their overall customer satisfaction level goes down. The logic being that with increased subscribers they need to invest heavily in infrastructure. Instead, they would charge more and provide premium service.

Back