Airtel Rantfest - have your say.

I haven't faced such fraud issues till now and I've been using Airtel for more than 5 years..

Yeah, But I'm also frustrated with this so called FUP..

Currently there is no proper competitor for Airtel with BSNL lagging behind by a huge margin in both service & support.. So we have no other choice..

I wish some other Big Firm's come into the Broadband field so that we can benefit each & every rupee as we now do with GSM Cell Phone Service..

jsmithe said:
Bandwidth Fraud « Odds, Ends, and Mindbends

Read, Rant and Rave.

Maybe craptel will listen. Most likely they will not and will go the way of the dodo, hopefully sooner than later.

P.S.: Sorry if this has already been posted. Did a quick search but could not find anything.
##Start Transmission##

Craptel will not listen, repeat, Craptel will not listen.

May they rot.

##End of Transmission##
Guess what, to all those who didn't switch from old plans and get 1Mbps on 1099 and 512Kbps after FUP, the FUP limit is a mere 10GB, not 15GB as many thought(everybody thought)
Oh yeah, I was actually gonna make a thread, but thanks to this, my purpose is served. Here it goes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AIRTEL Broadband and Me since Last 1 month

This weird problem started exactly 1 month ago. Usually, if I can't connect to the internet, I reset my modem, and it eventually connects. But last month, 16th March, for the 1st time, I had to WAIT half an hour to just get connected.

NOTE: the only page that opened was AIRTEL FUP LIMIT HAS BEEN REACHED, then the data light on my modem goes to sleep

I thought this was temporary, until it started happening everyday. So everyday, I spend 10-15 minutes waiting to get conected(reset modem again and again). And finally, after many failed attempts to open a site, and getting redirected to the FUP site, and again getting disconnected, I finally am connected.

Now, since last 1 week, EVERYTIME I TRY TO CONNECT, AT ANYTIME OF THE DAY, I have to spend 10-15 minutes.

And MORNING is the WORST, just today, I started my comp at 7am(Download Monk series yay!), came to check at 8am progress, to my horror, 200KB downloaded, that's it!! It kept connecting and disconnecting.

I left computer on for another 15 minutes and finally, it connected.

NOTE: I have to keep my modem on nearly an hour prior to usage to get connected to the internet.

I think Dial-Up got me connected faster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It can't get worse. I can't think of any way.

HalfLife said:
I haven't faced such fraud issues till now and I've been using Airtel for more than 5 years..
Yeah, But I'm also frustrated with this so called FUP..

Currently there is no proper competitor for Airtel with BSNL lagging behind by a huge margin in both service & support.. So we have no other choice..

I wish some other Big Firm's come into the Broadband field so that we can benefit each & every rupee as we now do with GSM Cell Phone Service..
some fews days back i read on telecomtalk that idea is gonna enter into broadband business... If this happens then we would definately get to see some competition... And high speed plans at affordable prices...

^^AT&T is going to buy some stake in IDEA.

so do not keep your hopes high.

i would actually want virgin to launch their broadband services.

they are known to be amazing in the US with speeds on average upto 80-90mbps. (* goes in dream*):ashamed:

@compaddict . this problem you mentioned happened for me too , and i was so frustrated i planned on cancelling my connection once and for all but then i gave the support another try at the situation asked them to re-do the wiring from the box and replace my modem for a new one.

so they did , and now it's working OK (for the time being) but i'm still under my FUP limit so i'd know the real situation after it gets over.

btw just to clarify my problem was the modem when turned on the link light would take much to stabalise and once that the FUP warning screen would show up first then i can't surf at all , pings worked but webpages did not open , downloads worked though (both torrents and direct) .. so plenty of resets would do the trick but a few days back the link light would drop every 2mins or so ... that's about it.

I get 1mbps for 1099+100[topup] with 100GB FUP. I've been on this plan since before the new limits were imposed but they had changed my plan to new plan with new limits without my consent. Fortunately, I was able to get the old plan back after few discussions. But, then there was another problem, they would reduce my speed to 512kbps after 15GB n I had to call CC n file a complaint to get back 1mbps. This happened for several months but its rectified now n I don't have to call them every month anymore.

kRuSnIk said:
I get 1mbps for 1099+100[topup] with 100GB FUP. I've been on this plan since before the new limits were imposed but they had changed my plan to new plan with new limits without my consent. Fortunately, I was able to get the old plan back after few discussions. But, then there was another problem, they would reduce my speed to 512kbps after 15GB n I had to call CC n file a complaint to get back 1mbps. This happened for several months but its rectified now n I don't have to call them every month anymore.
I signed up for the Turbo 1299 512 D / 1mbit N ... 100 GB Fup , those morons wiped out the plan when impatience plans were introduced and now i'm stuck with 25GB Fup (1mbit) and 512 afterwords . This too happened without my consent.

anyway i could make them bring my FUP limit back to 100 ? what exactly was your argument to the CC and how did you go about it ?

^When they changed my plan I called up CC n even mailed them asking them why did they change my plan without asking me first. They replied that the new plan was better as it cost 100 less than my current plan. I told them that if they want to charge 100 less, thats fine but not to change my FUP. They took down my complaint but kept me on new plan. So, I decided to quit Airtel as I had other options in my locality. Then, they forwarded me to retention department and I was given the option to retain my old plan n I did.

kRuSnIk said:
^When they changed my plan I called up CC n even mailed them asking them why did they change my plan without asking me first. They replied that the new plan was better as it cost 100 less than my current plan. I told them that if they want to charge 100 less, thats fine but not to change my FUP. They took down my complaint but kept me on new plan. So, I decided to quit Airtel as I had other options in my locality. Then, they forwarded me to retention department and I was given the option to retain my old plan n I did.
retain with your original FUP i.e 100GB is it correct ?

so now you have a 1mbps connection with 100GB FUP at 1099 ?

cool:cool2:

May be this is a retention plan? If u want this plan, Ask for disconnection of your connection and you will get a call from their Retention Dept!

I opted for a Rs. 799 512 Kbps Unlimited Plan with 8 GB FUP. But I am getting 1 Mbps speeds with a 25 GB FUP. Also after this FUP, I am getting 512 Kbps. I am loving it :)

Airtel rocks in my case :)

For me the case goes like:

I download files to 6GB eventhough my FUP is 8GB,they cut back to 256kbps

Then as soon as 10th comes,my speed jumps to 2mbps and oscillates between that and 156

I keep switching modem on and off to stabilize at 2mbps

From next day,I get 2mbps till end of month...

Again after end,my speed goes back to 512 and then 256 after 6GB..

But as long as I get 2mbps, I am fine :)

Back