Airtel Sim - Requirement to get Sim card for that active number, mobile lost.

Futureized

Skilled
My relatives (76 age),
Lost mobile (his wife lost mobile)

Uncle is disabled and have difficulty to walk.(does uncle needs to walk physically to Airtel store)

How can we get new Sim Card and activate back number he was using?

Kindly list required documents.

Thanks

I had got the same done past week for an uncle who lost his phone.

Visited the nearest Airtel Store. Showed his Driving Licence. You can also use Aadhaar for instant reactivation. They check name against their database.
They took Physical photo of the person there itself on their app and got it approved. The old SIM gets blocked & new one activated instantly.
However they ask us to add sim to new phone after 4hrs or until you get an SMS to alternate mobile no. You need to provide alternate no for OTP confirmation there itself.
Also SMS does n't get activated on new phone for 24 hrs atleast after adding SIM to block out any SMS for security purpose. Service charges is INR 50.

If Aadhaar otp is on the old no, then don't provide for activation.

You can ask the airtel person regarding disability, they might help you out and visit your place to take photo or accept passport size photo.

Will they change number if provided for otp?
What number? I mean if the number that is linked to Aadhar for OTP was the same number that was lost then you won't be able to get OTP if there's Aadhar verification.

But I recall OTP verification is not required since they use fingerprint/biometric authentication.

I had got the same done past week for an uncle who lost his phone.

Visited the nearest Airtel Store. Showed his Driving Licence. You can also use Aadhaar for instant reactivation. They check name against their database.
They took Physical photo of the person there itself on their app and got it approved. The old SIM gets blocked & new one activated instantly.
However they ask us to add sim to new phone after 4hrs or until you get an SMS to alternate mobile no. You need to provide alternate no for OTP confirmation there itself.
Also SMS does n't get activated on new phone for 24 hrs atleast after adding SIM to block out any SMS for security purpose. Service charges is INR 50.

If Aadhaar otp is on the old no, then don't provide for activation.

You can ask the airtel person regarding disability, they might help you out and visit your place to take photo or accept passport size photo.
No FIR copy etc. required?

@nRiTeCh
No FIR required.
Reg. Aadhaar, Please avoid giving Aadhaar card. They prefer the ID which you presented when you got the SIM. Else any ID is fine as long as face is similar and all details are correct.

Sound good that Airtel just charge Rs.50/- only.. while here in Mumbai area (if sim card lost or user wish to change sim card holder name) Vodafone (Vi) COMPULSORY put you on 3 Month Post Paid (Billing Plan min. Rs.1200-1400 need to pay in 3 month) and then only allow (after 3 month) to return back to your Prepaid Plan. No wonder if Vodafone-Idea (Vi) near to it's end ... due to such parctice .. even Vi charge Rs.100/- for sim replacement.

Recently recharged my 1 year inactive jio. Recharge was successful but no service. Went to jio store. They took a photo, gave a blank sim for 50 rs and service activated within 2 hours after adhar verification through their device. What a simple process.

Went through the same process 2 months back when my SIM randomly stopped working. But it was a very different experience for me.

They said alternate number is required for OTP. I said I have only one number. They said give some relative's number. I said ok, I'll give my wife's. They they asked me for the OTP. I said "do you see my wife here in the store?". They said they needed the OTP right away. I asked them for a phone to call my wife. They said they're not allowed to do that for activation.

I asked for a wi-fi connection so that I could message my wife on WhatsApp. They said they don't have in-store wi-fi for customers. Then I yelled at them for 5 minutes asking them whether they expect me to go back home and come with my wife just to get a SIM replacement when I'm actually giving all proofs as well as old SIM?

They finally agreed to give me hotspot connection from their personal phone.

Recently recharged my 1 year inactive jio. Recharge was successful but no service. Went to jio store. They took a photo, gave a blank sim for 50 rs and service activated within 2 hours after adhar verification through their device. What a simple process.
How come dude? After 90days of no recharge jio disconnects your no. aka no recharge/reactivation possible.

How come dude? After 90days of no recharge jio disconnects your no. aka no recharge/reactivation possible.
The number was still in my name. It was not allotted to the next person. If it is the case, you can get the reactivation and recharge paying for a new sim card. I also initially thought like you only but when visiting the physical store, this was possible

Back