AIRTEL - The new face of CONSUMER ENEMY #1

comp@ddict

Skilled
"TALES OF A JOKE CALLED AIRTEL"

I think you guys remember a few months back when I wrote quite harshly about airtel FUP(i.e. **** us POLICY). It didn't go too well with the customers of course.

The only good part was, those with old plans, if we refuse the new plans, they cannot reduce our base speed, which in my case was 512Kbps.

I was tempted to go for MTNL and their cheaper plans. But inconsistency in service was a put-off factor.

Well, that "WAS" the last reason left. AIRTEL has managed to beat MTNL at that too. This is a report of EVERYDAY since 16th March 2011, everyday, everytime I switch on the internet(3-5 times almost), I get a STUPID

"You have reached ur high speed data usage limit, for rest of your biling period, you will getr evised speeds"

Thats not the bad part. BAD PART IS, after that, internet SIMPLY DISCONNECTS. Get it? The modem lights, all go off, except power ofcourse.

This happens consistently for nearly half-n'hour.

I must say they have been very consistent in keeping us frustrated. Hats off to them.

Now for the worst part. THEY BLEW it TODAY. While I was struggling the last half an hour to get connected, I finally did. Ran a quick speedtest.

And AIRTEL has managed to bring itself to even newer LOWs. They have put my plan to 256Kbps.

yes folks, the last straw, they pulled it(they have been trying to for a looooong time).

I cant think of any reason to stay with airtel. They even changed the RC88 20,000 sms plan. THe new limit is 3,000. I call CC< they say it's 20,000 sir, you should use it, better than any other operator(brainwashed idiots).

Can any person tell me if MTNL is worse than this, or is it safe to make the switch(considering my neighbours have it, wont be much of a problem) and also that prices are actually lower, and those on the 999 plan are reporting 1Mbps even after crossing FUP..

What say guys?? Can we start a long but meaningful and right abandonment of a joke called AIRTEL?

comp@ddict said:
The only good part was, those with old plans, if we refuse the new plans, they cannot reduce our base speed, which in my case was 512Kbps.
This is not entirely true... They did put me on FUP limit even though I didn't changed my plan (I was on Explore 1099 without FUP). Called them a lot & threatened many times but they simply asked me to get it disconnected. There was no other option for me where there could be no FUP so I had to stick to AIRTEL even though I despise it... But I changed my plan reluctantly to Surf999 where FUP is 75GB & speed reduction is 512kbps unlike earlier where FUP was forced at 8 GB & speed reduced to 384 kbps even though I was paying ~1.2k:S:S

Even though I had to stick with AIRTEL I am experiencing line drops since last 2 months. They are not as frequent as what my friend is experiencing next door... His line drops every few hrs & he is frustrated as hell....

Right now nobody cares when it comes to true affordable Broadband. Unless TRAI wakes up & says enough is enough & changes the core definition, we are going to be FUP'ed by AIRTEL & other ISP's...:mad:

Why do you keep on ranting. Go out and try a mass exodus from Airtel in your area.
Try switching to reliance broadband or mtnl if they are in your area.
Just putting these numbers wont get you far but proper communication in terms of disconnection applications will make them realise their mistake.

Well Airtel BB is going from worse to pathetic but I still will never switch to Reliance...

They are the only ones who sent me a bloody court notice even after I cleared all bills (3 times) and got confirmation... Lawyers threatening criminal case ... Jeez... Try disconnecting a Reliance and you will know what happens :p

It's the same with airtel everywhere.

And i cant even opt for Reliance as those people are not at all interested in giving new connections here in my city. :(

ronnie_gogs said:
Well Airtel BB is going from worse to pathetic but I still will never switch to Reliance...

They are the only ones who sent me a bloody court notice even after I cleared all bills (3 times) and got confirmation... Lawyers threatening criminal case ... Jeez... Try disconnecting a Reliance and you will know what happens :p
Then opt for a prepaid plan :p

I have already showed them the door and it's high time they get their act together. I had no issues with them, as far as connectivity and stability was concerned. But the shitty FUP policy has really set a benchmark for idiocy and their CC are a bunch of ignorant farts. So yeah, SCREW YOU AIRTEL!

MTNL isn't any good either. If it works properly for you, then it's the best VFM ISP you'll get. If it breaks down, then god help you.

atleast better than bsnl in my area. 16-18 days out of a month they disconnect the net, customer care numbers like 198,1500,1504, etc and outgoing calls totally. its like being in a virtual prison cut off from rest of the internet world.
i have already typed the disconnection letter and kept it. problem is there are no other landline service providers in my area. :(
india is doomed in broadband.

At least you guys have decent SPs for broadband. For some reason my colony mainly has 24Online Client. Which is 100% crap. Disconnects big time. Never a week when I do not call up. Just to remain connected I purchased a Tata Photon+ as backup.

asingh said:
At least you guys have decent SPs for broadband. For some reason my colony mainly has 24Online Client. Which is 100% crap. Disconnects big time. Never a week when I do not call up. Just to remain connected I purchased a Tata Photon+ as backup.

Man that sucks. What part of Delhi are you from?

ronnie_gogs said:

Nice.. When I was FUPed by AIRTEL & was looking for other options, I went for Reliance. After numerous phone calls & providing the details to the sales exec who came to give me the connection they told me (after two weeks) that the local network element is at full capacity & they will not be able to give any new connection until they upgrade it which should take 2-3 months.... Now the icing on the cake was that from next month onwards I started getting bills & frequent calls asking me to pay up for a connection which they never gave to me.... :S:S

The problem with broadband providers in India is that each of them have their own problems with network, connectivity & billing. Reliability is also very low & somehow AIRTEL still have the best overall service especially for novice users. Since they know that there is no competition they are enjoying screwing the customers... Reliance, TATA, BSNL & MTNL have only few pockets of fully satisfied users & AIRTEL is exploiting this situation by implementing changes which make the end user experience quite pathetic & frustrating... :mad:

Well i live in an area where even 2mbps connection is supposed to be a luxury. Cable operator in our area gives a ul connection with ul 64kbps speeds that too with no hub support and mtnl is touch and go in relation to broadband for me. There will be a problem always when any festivals are around. So you spend on the extra bucks for the "chai paani".
So for me the wireless thing works fine for me. From the last two years with edge and now 3g.

Well for delhi ,MTNL is the best,using from last 3 years only got 2 time disconnected as the cable was cut but problem solved withing 4-5 hours,speed is stable n unlimited means unlimited there.

using 1 mbps unlimited plan with 120gb -140 GB /month.

in any case no need to talk to cc,talk direct to officer to MTNL n you will get direct reply and action :)

You are not ready to change and still keep complaining about Airtel, get Reliance (no FUP) or even Tata (they are pricey but no problems in connectivity, FUP is higher at around 80GB for a 1Mbps connection). Ofcourse if you can, then MTNL is the best. I cannot go and stand in line for a whole day during my off, so havent applied ever.

^exactly my point.
Research about the isp s available in your area.
Look out for any hidden charges.
Try getting along few more like minded persons to try and get a new isp in your area if the last mile connectivity ends just near your area( i.e some good isp with good vfm tariffs e.g 5 net operating in some parts of mumbai giving out 10mbps connections for about 1k.
:mad:)
The fact of the matter is unless you do not take it one step ahead how are the isp themselves going to realise that they need to change their packages or they risk losing their customers.
This has happened with mobile connectivity with respect to call rates. Else you could have never heard calling rates of upto 10p/min.

@OP when i was in another town not too long ago i was on airtel 1 Mbps UL (old plan with no FUP)....i was crossing 100GB regularly....then one day i exp. the same the modem will disconnect and say my speed has been reduced....only after that i learned that they changed my plan to the FUP based plan without my consent.I fought with them but they were saying i was "upgraded" automatically and if i wished i can disconnect they dont care.

So i stopped my last payment to these ****ers...since then they have been calling me and threatening me to pay up or else they are saying i am going to be ****ed :p.Though i have no intention of cheating airtel but i am not gonna give them my dad's money that easily :rofl:.

^i did that with mtnl landline when they were giving me inflated bills to the tune of 5k. With lots of wrong numbers coming to us we decided to cancel the number but then they would say we wont cancel your number since you billing cycle is near and you have to pay your current bill.
Tried that for some two more months and got the same reply.
So in the wake of frustration stopped paying their bills.
So now i got my phone disconnected and no questions were asked nor was any follow up done :bleh:

^^You mean you still have not payed the bill and they didnt call up and harass you :O?

In my case the downtime was like 4-5 days EVERY month...one time i called up and asked them to deduct the amount for the number of days the line was dead and they deducted like Rs400 from my bill...i should have done this a long time ago would have saved thousands of rupees :eek:hyeah:.

If you look at it ethically its airtel that owes me not the other way around :p Still i get calls from collection agents threatening me with dire consequences like i will go to jail blah blah blah :lol:

Back