Airtel Xstream Fiber Experience (Direct Cities)

Synth-Pop

Adept
I can understand it's a different device but if you scroll or watch carefully there must be some similar option for this fix.
Just try looking for various settings without disturbing any setting.
I am doubtful but hopes the new unit fixes it.

all4music

Disciple
I can understand it's a different device but if you scroll or watch carefully there must be some similar option for this fix.
Just try looking for various settings without disturbing any setting.
I am doubtful but hopes the new unit fixes it.
You were right - device change didn't fix it. After digging bit more in settings came across this page. Current settings are as in the screen capture. Looks like it is already in 'Continuous' setting?
InkedScreenshot 2022-01-13 202338_LI.jpg

all4music

Disciple
Update - this issue seems to have resolved to some extent - technical team did some change in the back-end. Now the disconnection issue has come down especially on my office laptop but not entirely eliminated. I don't think they have still figured out this issue completely.
Still my personal laptop/tv if left inactive get disconnected and connects back only when I try to access any content/web page after few tries. This wasn't the case with earlier networks.

prajaybasu

Recruit
Which city are you from?
Mumbai
How has your experience been with Airtel Xstream Fiber?
How long have you been using it?
Are you satisfied?
It's been 6 months since I got Airtel and so far it has been infinitely better than the Hathway cable (DOCSIS) connection I had before.Tata Sky and MTNL both have fiber to my building also.
MTNL provides max 100Mb/s connections only and their ONTs are really bad.
Tata Sky uses CG NAT which was simply not an option for me.
What differences did you feel after using Airtel over your previous ISP?
Any cons of using Airtel?
What made you switch to Airtel?
If this is your first ISP, then why did you go for it?
Only con so far is their customer support - if there is a technical issue then their customer support will give 24h/48h timeline for 1-2 months and never follow up. Even Hathway actively responded with more actions than just a timeline. Same happened to my friend.

What made me switch to Airtel was Hathway's extremely degraded performance after they onboarded 100x more customers than their capacity and never bothered to maintain their hardware. Frequent signal issues and disconnects. Thankfully I haven't needed to contact Airtel for connectivity issues yet.
Which ONT cum router has been provided to you? Any specific issues you're facing with it?
ZTE F670L. Best ONT they could have provided IMO, WiFi is decent (WiFi certified, actually) and bridge mode was not a hassle although you have to Google a bit as these are rare.
I am using it in bridge mode with a TP-Link AX20 WiFi 6 router and the ZTE is doing it's job as a media converter just fine. I don't have LAN, but my WiFi supports ~900Mbps download speeds to my laptop.

With 200Mbps plan, I get up to 29MB/s download - speed tests around 250-260.
With 300Mbps plan, I got 43-46MB/s - speed tests around 370-380Mb/s.

My only issue with Airtel is that with some specific routes the speed is really slow, I use CloudFlare Warp VPN to get better download speeds when I see downloads slow to a crawl. GoodbyeDPI + DNS over HTTPS unblocks everything. On Android, I use an app called DPI Tunnel which is basically goodbyedpi for Android. For some weird reason, Geo IP doesn't work properly, they don't check the location of the customer when allocating IP from the pool (or they just have a shortage).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-16 212625.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-16 212625.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 26
  • WAN.png
    WAN.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: