PC Peripherals Al2616w?

Keiran1521

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at buying a new monitor and came across this one - the Acer AL2616W. Flatpanels seems to suggest that it has a PVA or IPS panel. I haven't found much discussion on this - which is odd considering it is available for a very reasonable 26k here(Ahmedabad).

Has anybody used/seen this monitor and any thoughts about it? Is it still a PVA/IPS or has it been downgraded to a TN?(which would explain it's price compared to the Dell 24" and Cinema displays). Also, what is the price in other places around the country?

If this is not recommended, any suggestions for a decent 22" (which has DVI input - the AOC and LG don't seem to and the Viewsonic VA2226 seems to have indifferent reviews) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dell 22 inchers??? Hw abt the decent E228WFP [I believe its still available!!! else the glossy SP2208WFP...

BTW, AOC and LG dont've DVI inputs for decent 22 inchers??? :S

Are u kidding me??? The LG 226WTQ was one hell of an LCD for the gamut and clarity it offered for the price!!! Shouldn't be available now though...

Unfortunately the only LGs available here are the L222 and L224 none of which have a DVI input. Ditto with AOC - the 2216Sw lacks one. I haven't been able to find the L226 in stock anywhere.

The Dell E228WFP is a possibility - can't stand reflective glossy screens so the SP2208WFP is probably not a great idea.

Back