PC Peripherals Ali Express and mechanical keyboards.

I'm seeing prices START from 1.5k for RGB backlit mech keyboards.
Are these legit?
Anyone has tried these keyboards?

I was considering buying a 2nd hand mech keyboard, but if these keyboards are decent enough, then i could grab one off AE.

My only requirement is they should NOT have Blue type switches, i HATE the noise. Backlit/fancy, i dont care. Full keyboard preferred, the 10keyless versions feel odd to type on, and i miss having a dedicated numpad.

Anyone found hidden gems in Ali Express mech keyboard section??

Yep they are legit alright. But many of them are not really RGB like you would see on the more reputed brands. You won't be able to change the lighting. A colleague here ordered about a dozen of those cheap mech keyboards here for his cafe. I don't remember the branding name but it had a very weird logo. Came in one standard box cover. The better quality ones would be those Moto and Ajazz. If I remember correctly some members of this forum also have them. Do careful research and enquiry before placing your order.

I ordered one for my friend and got the product within 25 days time period. They are providing legit products, quality of the product was good with original cherry keys.

ok thanks, i couldnt particularly care about RGB but since these were priced so cheap, i had a bit of doubt.

i'm looking for brown/black/red based keys, since i absolutely HATE the clicky sound of blues (and thus i cant buy the more popular brands since everyone uses only blues).

frankly, i'd much rather buy a keyboard that has the trust of a TE member, even if it costs a bit more.

I ordered one for my friend and got the product within 25 days time period. They are providing legit products, quality of the product was good with original cherry keys.
also, what about the customs... thats the scariest part for me.
how much extra will i have to pay, on, say, a 3k keyboard?

do those customs people play tricks and demand extra money to release the shipment? (i think a decent mech keyboard weighs a bit and is a large package, so im afraid they would create problems).

since i've got 2 positive feedbacks on reliablity of AE, i just need someone to dispell my fears about the dreaded "customs" duty, and i will happily order off AE.

I would suggest getting a Motospeed CK104 keyboard from GearBest instead. Choose free Priority Line Shipping from GATI and it should come in without duty being levied. Plus it's much quicker than AliExpress. I have been using a CK104 for the last 2 years now and been very pleased with it.

Through AliExpress I have ordered multiple items (maximum up to $70) and they came in without duties being charged but those items were small in size so packaging was leaner. A keyboard packaged will be much larger and thus might draw the attention of the Customs officials. If you do choose to order through AliExpress, make sure you use the free AliExpress Standard Shipping option and not paid shipping like DHL. Free shipping will mostly be handled by Singapore Post or Hong Kong Post and then subsequently by India Post. Duties are always a hit & miss through AliExpress.

I would suggest getting a Motospeed CK104 keyboard from GearBest instead. Choose free Priority Line Shipping from GATI and it should come in without duty being levied. Plus it's much quicker than AliExpress. I have been using a CK104 for the last 2 years now and been very pleased with it.

https://i.imgur.com/HueVXvS.png

did i break the site?? :D

i'm also looking at
https://www.amazon.in/Redgear-MK881...id=1529600896&sr=1-1&keywords=redgear+invador
Redgear Invador with Kailh Browns.

EDIT : got Gearbest working again, apparently, the EU stores dont service India only China store does.
3600 for this keyboard, 7-15 day delivery via Priority line.
Also, they only have Reds and Blues (Outemu)... I was hoping for Browns.
Since im NOT gonna touch Blues, how are the Reds? AFAIK they dont have any sort of tactile feedback. Is this a good thing?[DOUBLEPOST=1529603629][/DOUBLEPOST]i think i'm prolly gonna go with the Motospeed Reds, i like the idea of not having to mash my fingers into the keyboard to actuate a key.

@Black_Hawk which version do u own? anyone used reds AND blues (and browns) before and can help me make a decision?

Last edited:
Preference for switches type is purely subjective. I love that tactile feedback the bump which Brown gives. I don't mind Blues though a bit annoying with the noise and I absolutely dislike Reds. Just not my thing. Dunno about others.
What keyboard model was it? Just to confirm the switches.

https://i.imgur.com/HueVXvS.png

did i break the site?? :D

@Black_Hawk which version do u own? anyone used reds AND blues (and browns) before and can help me make a decision?

Check the GearBest site again, shipping is showing up now through Priority Line. Guess it was a temporary site bug or something!

I use the black and silver version, here are some photographs of it:

dww4td.jpg

31294d1.jpg

2yucayw.jpg

34rsr6e.jpg

I use a Motospeed CK104 along with a SteelSeries Rival 700 on my gaming rig.

Ii meant, what keys you got? Blue ones or the Red ones?
I have a TVS gold with blues and the clicking drives me nuts.
I've never used a red before but according to reviews and such, they are much softer to use and there might be problems with deciding when the key has been actuated.[DOUBLEPOST=1529681076][/DOUBLEPOST]that is a sexy looking board.
too bad the font is so edgy.
if u could give me some feedback on the keys/switches, it would be great, i'd like to order as soon as possible.

The CK104 I'm using has Blue switches and is definitely loud. I have used the TVS Gold before and if the sound on it wasn't to your liking then I would not recommend the CK104 to you as the sound would be more or less the same with minimal difference. The board has held up well over the couple of years of use and the backlights are also working without issues thus far. Thus no gripes. It's a well built board in my opinion.

Preference for switches type is purely subjective. I love that tactile feedback the bump which Brown gives. I don't mind Blues though a bit annoying with the noise and I absolutely dislike Reds. Just not my thing. Dunno about others.

What keyboard model was it? Just to confirm the switches.
There is no specific name written on it but switches were cherry blue.

If you want to go with Quite keyboards, go with Silent Red switches or silent black switches. They have extra padding on the switch to mute the upstroke and down stroke of a keyswitch.

I would suggest you to check the seller rating on any site before buying.

Specific to Aliexpress, YMDK, KBDFans and KPRepublic are very reputed sellers.

Banggood was also a positive experience for me.

GATI is the fastest way to get stuff into India from China.

has anyone used Red switches? i cant seem to find anyone who has...

Red switches are linear actuation and relatively quiet compared to the MX Blue and its clones.

I have used Cherry MX Black's, MX Blue's, MX Red's and very sparsely MX Brown's. Currently, I am using a Redragon Vara with Outemu Blue switches (MX Blue clones). Shameless plug but I reviewed that keyboard too, approximately two-three months post purchase, https://t3kcurry.wordpress.com/2017/01/31/redragon-vara-k551-mechanical-keyboard-review/.

The best course of action I can suggest to you is, if possible, go to your local computer market (the biggest one in your city and town) and get a feel of the Cherry MX Brown's and Red's (or their clones). Then make up your mind. Cheaper Chinese clones of Cherry MX variants are the norm on most of the keyboards sold on Banggood, GearBest and Ali. Kailh's and Outemu's are the most popular one's, I would suggest getting a keyboard like the Motospeed Inflictor CK104 (in a switch of your choice) because of the brand's goodwill and recognition here.

the only "large" computer market i know is Nehru Place in Delhi.

thats where i got my TVS Gold from.

thanks for your input, guys, i'll most likely be ordering the Red Dragon with Kailh Browns.

will post update when I get the keyboard.

Hi, i bought a pair of headphones off Ali Express.
They escaped custom duty.

EDIT : delivered within 18 days.

i think its 10% of the declared cost.

Last edited:
also, i have bought the Redgear keyboard with brown switches. it supports 3 custom light modes, where u can pick which lights remain turned on. rest are turned off.

Browns take a few minutes to get used to. but once you do, oh boy. i have stopped bottoming out keys, since the activation feedback is amazing.

its not as quiet as i wanted (pressing the keys is noiseless, as long as you dont bottom out. however, the keys make quite a bit of noise when they are released and rebound), but it is comfortable to type on, and it has backlight, so im ok with it for now.

i'll prolly get something with reds or browns again (i kinda want to go with browns again, and i will try to get something with a single backlight color mode. the rainbow GHEY lights are not my cup of tea.

i really wish there was a truly silent keyboard. i hate it when my hardware makes noise. it is distracting for people.

Back