Laptops Alienware m11x lands in India

kritarth

Disciple
Alienware m11x is up on the Dell India website :)

Alienware M11x Laptop Details | Dell India

Available at retail stores ... definitely my next laptop when I upgrade later this year.

It is a complete ultraportable in every way and the only wish list one could have further on it is ...

1. CULV i5 option
2. USB 3.0 support
3. nvidia optimus support
4. matte screen option

and not much else .... ultraportable reasonable gaming machine which with an external monitor can replace most people's daily use desktops

Bleh, it does look impressive and has a reputation but the specs are turn off. A core 2 duo at 1.3 Ghz? It would prolly suit those who want to play MMORPGs on the go. Also, the battery life claims sound too good to be true.

@damn, check out reviews from over the web, it seems to be good enough to do contemporary gaming at medium level. core 2 culv does seem a little weak and one would really have preferred an i5 in there but it seems this is the only option currently.

@s_anuj, i have no idea of india prices right now man, will try n find out. In the us, it starts at 800$

the core 2 duo can be overclocked to 1.6ghz without any impact lon battery life btw

I was originally planning to sell my current alienware laptop and get the M15X refresh that was supposed to come in Q3 2010 with ATI 5870, USB 3.0 etc....
But umm this sounds like a good option in the meantime.. if only it had a tad bit better processor like an i5 i would have been sold :hap2:...

anyone have any idea about the price?.

Peace~

OT: Hello everyone...wanted to know if Dell laptops come with international warranty? Was planning to get a laptop from US through a friend of mine...

cripes ! just found out that the price is 75,000 here in bangalore

config is 4GB ram, 500GB hdd, SU7300 proccy, - rest standard.

a bit too expensive ! :-(

I'm guessing US price for this config would not be much more than 1000-1100$

think there are imported as a unit and attact higer taxes then others hence the price diffrence, its a pity that Dell has changed the xps range from premium gamer to premium entertainment, would have loved seen some of the 6 series and 7 series instead of the Alienware.

^ yes, m11x performance in 3dmark06 is like 55 % of m15x with 260m (although 3dmark06 is a bad benchmark being too cpu dependent). I think starthign configs for m15x are around 1 lakh, dunno if its with the 240m or 260m (guessing its the former)

Called up dell today regarding the m11x and they said that they could not give me a quote over the phone and they would e-mail me one, lets see, Ive asked for everything as standard

Starts from $799...pricing available at Dell.com

I was planning to buy a laptop from US, through a friend, and always wanted to have a Alienware..now is the chance..but the question is, is it worth it? Considering it comes with:

Intel® Pentium™ SU4100 1.3GHz (2MB Cache)

2GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 800MHz

1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M

NO optical drive

^^ M15x starting at $1199 with:

Intel® Core™ i3-330M 2.13GHz (3M cache)

3GB DDR3 at 1066MHz

512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 240M

15.6-inch WideHD+ 1600x900 (900p) WLED

250GB SATAII 7,200RPM

harish_21_10 said:
^^ M15x starting at $1199 with:
Intel® Core™ i3-330M 2.13GHz (3M cache)
3GB DDR3 at 1066MHz
512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 240M
15.6-inch WideHD+ 1600x900 (900p) WLED
250GB SATAII 7,200RPM

I am not sure he wants the US prices. Indian prices are much more.

Back