Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

raksrules

Elite
I checked some ZTE 5" Phone thread and i see people have ordered stuff from Aliexpress.com website.
Those who have ordered from them, please give your feedback. Like how is the service or it depends on the individual seller, does all items come from China and what mode of courier they use ?
Also what about customs if someone were to buy higher value items and how safe this thing is.

Anything you can add in this regard will be appreciated.

Just bought a cheescase for Ainol tablet. China post, Tracking is there..but not usable. it will say wierd things. But yea I got it in around 4 weeks.

Just bought a cheescase for Ainol tablet. China post, Tracking is there..but not usable. it will say wierd things. But yea I got it in around 4 weeks.
On the top corner if you click on english it tracks just fine :).
@raksrules : I have used aliexpress couple of times and found it to be good. Though I ordered items ~3k value and not more. Also got a replacement due to a faulty item. Just prefer seller with higher feedback and you are good to go.

Mobile phone replacement parts don't attract any customs duty. Don't know what kinda duty they might charge for a phone.
I never even paid any attention to tracking the package but received it in 10 days. I had ordered a screen for LG Optimus G.

I have had a wonderful experience ordering from Aliexpress. Placed around 15-20 orders till now, all came fine. If shipped from HK, it takes 10-15 days to deliver and if shipped from mainland china, around 25-30 days. However, I have not ordered any expensive items (max. was 20$) and all from reputed sellers with good ratings. All of them came from normal registered post. Most sellers have an option for DHL/Fedex especially for expensive items.

Well the phones looks like a beast. @raksrules - let me know how your experience goes. I might just order one too.

I am not buying the phone. I just want to know people's experiences so that others know what the website is about and how stuff has arrived and everything.
But yes i was planning to buy a big screen phone for videos but am not sure if i am gonna buy it (even from here) or not.

I bought a replacement LCD for my Nikon L21 camera from AliExpress and it arrived in around 3 weeks. Ironically, the tracking status was stuck on "Opening Package" and current location at "Beijing" till the exact day that the postman delivered the package to me. Item value was $15 and it was sent through registered China Post.

On the top corner if you click on english it tracks just fine :).
@raksrules : I have used aliexpress couple of times and found it to be good. Though I ordered items ~3k value and not more. Also got a replacement due to a faulty item. Just prefer seller with higher feedback and you are good to go.

I know that. I use that. Was talking about the tracking update messages.

I bought a replacement LCD for my Nikon L21 camera from AliExpress and it arrived in around 3 weeks. Ironically, the tracking status was stuck on "Opening Package" and current location at "Beijing" till the exact day that the postman delivered the package to me. Item value was $15 and it was sent through registered China Post.
Its not ironic, China post tracking is supposed to work only till the package leaves China, once it has left China, you cannot track it.

I've used Aliexpress quite a few times and also for something worth as high as 15K. Select a reputed seller and be prepared for long delivery time if shipped by China Air mail. I've even got replacement for a defective product without any hassle.

BTW you can track shipments shipped through CN/HK mail through the following site. The tracking will be active once it is actually shipped from CN/HK. The tracking is very detailed.

http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/

ITEM n° RQ1984XXX33SG new search
Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information
7/27/2013 1:42:00 PM SINGAPORE SINGAPORE S05 Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)
7/27/2013 1:42:00 PM SINGAPORE SINGAPORE S05 Insert item into bag (Otb)
7/31/2013 4:29:00 PM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
7/31/2013 7:02:00 PM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Send item to customs (Inb)
8/2/2013 1:47:00 PM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Return item from customs (Inb)
8/2/2013 3:45:00 PM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Send item to domestic location (Inb)

@tech.addict

Was the 15K product for which you seeked replacement ?
Also if you do not mind saying, can you tell what the product was and in any case what happened with customs.
I am more concerned about customs as well. Cheaper accessories type stuff is not an issue but say i decide to buy some chinese phone or a tablet or something, that thing will be surely stuck in customs and i would not even know what to do.
And also worry about the customs charge in cases where they evaluate the value of a cheap chinese handset / tab to be very high and charge atrocious customs and totally disregard the invoice etc.

@tech.addict

Was the 15K product for which you seeked replacement ?
Also if you do not mind saying, can you tell what the product was and in any case what happened with customs.
I am more concerned about customs as well. Cheaper accessories type stuff is not an issue but say i decide to buy some chinese phone or a tablet or something, that thing will be surely stuck in customs and i would not even know what to do.
And also worry about the customs charge in cases where they evaluate the value of a cheap chinese handset / tab to be very high and charge atrocious customs and totally disregard the invoice etc.
The replacement was for another product and the cost was 7K approx. The product was not working as described so I opened a dispute with Aliexpress. The seller was very very co-operative. The return shipping charge was refunded through paypal. And she practically begged me for positive feedback and I was more than happy to provide :).
The 15K item was a OBDII scanner for car.
So far no Customs duty have been charged for any consignment from China :). I may be lucky!! They mention utterly low values. I always instruct them to declare a value equivalent to around INR 2000/- for costly items.

In some other thread, someone mentioned about getting 5$ coupon from aliexpress after registering for an account ? I registered for the first time today and even verified my email but did not get any coupon. Also it was mentioned about some 5$ discount for mastercard or something for the weekend. Is this there ?
Also are these discounts are on some minimum purchase amount ?

Back