Storage Solutions Alketron SSDs

6pack

ex-Mod
Anyone used these?

ALKETRON - Fire Wizard series – 1TB SSD – Relentless Gaming with Aluminum METAL casing for optimum heat circulation, High Speed Turbo Boot 3D NAND Flash Memory Technology - 2.5" SATA3 - Internal Solid State Drive for Laptop, Desktop and Gaming PC (1TB)

ssd instructions 2.5_use.jpg

₹5.5k for 1TB

Bangalore company.

Last edited:
Anyone used these?

ALKETRON - Fire Wizard series – 1TB SSD – Relentless Gaming with Aluminum METAL casing for optimum heat circulation, High Speed Turbo Boot 3D NAND Flash Memory Technology - 2.5" SATA3 - Internal Solid State Drive for Laptop, Desktop and Gaming PC (1TB)

₹5.5k for 1TB

Bangalore company.
Some of us on TE WA group got the Mx500 1tb ssd for cheaper than this few months ago during last sale lol. 5,303 to be exact.
Maybe wait till next sale and get that?

"Power Loss Immunity" is something that's uniquely mentioned by Crucial, which led me to discovering this — see anything familiar?

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.20.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.20.15 PM.png

It would appear Alketron SSDs are rebranded Crucial MX500's without hardware-based encryption — either that or they copy pasted the exact same specifications.

If anyone has one of these drives, it would be interesting to open it up and compare the PCB with Crucial's MX500.

EDIT:

It would appear their m.2 SATA sdd's are rebranded HP S700/S700 Pro:

618WgwvoyzL._SL1500_.jpg
51U9ukqbAQL._SL1024_.jpg

or they hired a lazy graphics designer since their label covers the edges of the HP label in every direction.

Last edited:
IIRC, Alketron's SATA SSDs are nothing but rebranded white-label ODM units powered by an entry-level Silicon Motion controller. You can compare the firmware version and find similar SSDs from a range of smaller OEMs like HIKVISION.

I don't have any experience with their NVMe product lineup, but the PCI hardware ID and the firmware revision should be enough to detect the rebranding saga. As suggested by @rsaeon, it can be further verified by comparing the physical units.

Buying storage solutions from unknown vendors, especially when people have zero experience with their RMA policy, is a suicide. Unless anyone wants to take one for the team by buying their SSDs and using for long-term (six months to over a year), there's no point discussing.

Also, if you really value your time and data, better to spend more and get one of Crucial's BX or MX series, which almost costs the same or even less.

Buying storage solutions from unknown vendors, especially when people have zero experience with their RMA policy, is a suicide. Unless anyone wants to take one for the team by buying their SSDs and using for long-term (six months to over a year), there's no point discussing.

Also, if you really value your time and data, better to spend more and get one of Crucial's BX or MX series, which almost costs the same or even less.
Lmao even known ones like Adata are crap when it comes to cheap models. Much better to wait to get good stuff in deals than these. Especially SSD. Life will literally be hell if its a regular use machine.

Lmao even known ones like Adata are crap when it comes to cheap models. Much better to wait to get good stuff in deals than these. Especially SSD. Life will literally be hell if its a regular use machine.
It's pretty well-known that companies like Sandisk, Corsair, Adata, Gigabyte and Kingston have shat the bed when it comes to making good quality SSDs with a reasonable warranty support. Back in the day, these above-mentioned brands were my go-to.

The brands that I currently suggest to people are Samsung, Crucial, WD and Intel. And since SSDs have gotten so cheap over the last few years, there's no point saving some bucks here and there.

It's pretty well-known that companies like Sandisk, Corsair, Adata, Gigabyte and Kingston have shat the bed when it comes to making good quality SSDs with a reasonable warranty support. Back in the day, these above-mentioned brands were my go-to.

The brands that I currently suggest to people are Samsung, Crucial, WD and Intel. And since SSDs have gotten so cheap over the last few years, there's no point saving some bucks here and there.
First samsung then then, crucial or WD. Rest I dont even consider. I had got an Adata for like 900 long time ago from paytm sale for pc that was used one hour a day. it died 2 times and took data with it, before I told those f*ckers to replace with another model or Im sending them a legal notice.

Back