Alternative charger(s) for Samsung Focus?

sandeepk

Disciple
It takes around 2.75 hrs. to fully charge Samsung Focus from 10% battery charge to 100%. I think the blame lies on charger that Samsung provides is rated at 5.5V/0.5A which means just ~2.75 W output. Even my 5 yr. old Nokia 6030 has a charger rated at 5.5V/0.8A :clap:. Why does Samsung provides such a low spec charger? What does it provide with other phones such as SGS2?
Has anybody using/tried any other charger that will help it charge faster? Does it do any harm to battery? How about the iPad2 charger which is rated at 5.1V/2.1A?

Get a Nokia-to-MicroUSB converter... like the one below

NOK23ATA32.jpg

I'm currently using that to charge my Galaxy S... and 5% to 100% is charged under 2hrs :)

+1. i use such adapters to charge

1.sansa clip(mini USB)
2.philips go gear(mini USB)
3.Dell XCD 35(micro USB)
4.nokia 5800
5.nokia 1100
6.samsung cell phone(samsung's korean port)

High output nokia charger + adapter cable= charge anything in the world!!!!!!!!!!!

My earlier Defy used to charge a LOT faster..from around 10-100% within 2 hrs...my sgs2(seems other samsungs too) is pathetic with its trickle charging doing the same job@4-5hrs....so can i use my earlier defy wall charger to charge my sgs2 faster or will it damage my sgs2 & its battery & may even risk to blast?

Its done so that the battery lasts longer, i guess. But there should be a turbo button to increase the [strike]speeds[/strike] current......

Back