Amazon Fire TV Vs Mi Box

Hey guys,

Any recommendations on what device to choose ?
Requirement is to link it with my FHD tv to consume content on netflix / amazon prime, youtube etc along with once in a while gaming & phone screen mirroring.

Also, amazon recently launch 4k fire tv stick. Would it make any difference on a full hd tv or I am good with the usual version of fire tv (if i choose it) ?

Thanks

For gaming an Android Box with regular Android OS and not Android TV OS will be better.

Yes, but for media consumption, Android TV OS is very well built with ease of navigation.

Requirement is to link it with my FHD tv to consume content on netflix / amazon prime, youtube etc along with once in a while gaming & phone screen mirroring.
I have recently bought Mi TV Box. Though I have 1080p TV, Mi TV Box can have output till 4K 60 fps. I found user interface of this box to be better and easy compared to generic TV box I had before, which came with regular Android OS instead of Android TV OS. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. I have side-load-ed Amazon Prime APK from nvidia Shield. With recent TV launches Xiaomi have mentioned that they will bring support for Amazon Prime 'officially'. Netflix comes pre-installed - I have not tried it cause I do not use it. Apart from this, I use LiveNetTV and Sony LIV. Apps like Kodi and Popcorn Times work good too. This one has Chromecast built in so casting from Android devices is breeze. There is also one application available for iOS device casting.

Yes, but for media consumption, Android TV OS is very well built with ease of navigation.

I have recently bought Mi TV Box. Though I have 1080p TV, Mi TV Box can have output till 4K 60 fps. I found user interface of this box to be better and easy compared to generic TV box I had before, which came with regular Android OS instead of Android TV OS. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. I have side-load-ed Amazon Prime APK from nvidia Shield. With recent TV launches Xiaomi have mentioned that they will bring support for Amazon Prime 'officially'. Netflix comes pre-installed - I have not tried it cause I do not use it. Apart from this, I use LiveNetTV and Sony LIV. Apps like Kodi and Popcorn Times work good too. This one has Chromecast built in so casting from Android devices is breeze. There is also one application available for iOS device casting.
I'm not disputing that... I'm using an Nvidia Shield with Android TV OS myself. However, I did want to mention that Android TV OS is different and will not give you all the games on the regular Android Play Store... so don't really buy the Mi TV Box if you want to game on it as a priority.

hi, anybody knows what is the Internal Of Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k which will be released on Nov 14 for India?

I already posted in other thread - there is a new Mi TV Box which appeared In GearBest.

Guys thanks a ton for your inputs.
Went through your comments and post some introspection I realized gaming is a far fetched thought with my 2 yo jumping around.

Saw amazon fire tv stick on 25% off and made my decision. Would be arriving in couple of days !!

hi, anybody knows what is the Internal Of Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k which will be released on Nov 14 for India?

I already posted in other thread - there is a new Mi TV Box which appeared In GearBest.

CPU: MTK8695+MT7668
GPU: IMG GE8300
RAM: 1.5GB DDR4

Apart from this, I use LiveNetTV and Sony LIV.

Could you share me a link to the SonyLiv apk which I can use on mi box? I tried one which I found over internet, although it did get installed, it did not work for me..
I dont want to waste the Rs 1 one year premium subscription :p Atleast I could watch champions league on it..

Guys thanks a ton for your inputs.
Went through your comments and post some introspection I realized gaming is a far fetched thought with my 2 yo jumping around.
Saw amazon fire tv stick on 25% off and made my decision. Would be arriving in couple of days !!

If purpose is only to stream using popular platforms like netflix/youtube/prime video, then its more than enough.. Interface is smooth and easy to use.. You can even sideload some apps like Kodi etc..
But it doesn't have powerful specs and won't be able to play high bitrate x265 videos natively like the Mi Box does :)
Also the USB port on the Mi Box helps a lot where I can directly connect my pendrive/HDD and play media content directly!

Also the USB port on the Mi Box helps a lot where I can directly connect my pendrive/HDD and play media content directly!

USB port can be added to the Fire TV Stick by using this kind of cable

3LPUBpz.png

USB port can be added to the Fire TV Stick by using this kind of cable

Yes that is possible.. Even I have setup something similar at one my friend's place recently..
Its kind of a nice jugaad technique :p
But one problem we faced with it was that one of the older 1TB hard drives didn't get detected with it.. May be due to power issues which Im not sure but new HDDs were detected and worked perfectly fine..

I would suggest getting externally powered USB hub if needed. It should ease load on actual stick/box and give sufficient power to connected devices.

Back