Amazon firestick network issues...

nRiTeCh

Skilled
My parents have amazon firestick basic which was purchased more than a year ago.
It was working flawlessly until past few months it is giving few network issues.

It s unable to connect to home wifi network.
It says "Network unavailable" even though it shows excellent network signal strength.
It even keeps suggesting various network channel bands such as band 1, 4, etc. and when we set the band in the router it again keeps suggesting some other bands every time.

The smart tv is able to connect to the internet flawlessly. I have two smart tvs: Samsung and Sony and this issue persists on both the tvs where earlier there was zero issue.

Nothing was changed in the router or any settings inside the firestick or anywhere.

Amazon cc literally sucks as they keep blaming the network and not wanna hear anything or even suggest.

Have already tried resetting the firestick few times but no go.

How can it go bad? It wasn't dropped or no fiddling with its software/OS?
Just like my R7000 5 Ghz wifi chip went bad. It might be that the inbuilt wifi chip on the Firestick has become FUBAR.

Try setting up a Wifi hotspot on your phone and see if Firestick works. I am guessing your home wifi is 5 GHz.
And one other thing. Do you have the setting where both 5 and 2.4 networks have the same name enabled?

Just like my R7000 5 Ghz wifi chip went bad. It might be that the inbuilt wifi chip on the Firestick has become FUBAR.

Try setting up a Wifi hotspot on your phone and see if Firestick works. I am guessing your home wifi is 5 GHz.
And one other thing. Do you have the setting where both 5 and 2.4 networks have the same name enabled?
Nope home wifi is simply 2.4 ghz.
I haven't tried with my phones hotspot but what if the firestick is working with it? Then where can we go from here...

Nope home wifi is simply 2.4 ghz.
I haven't tried with my phones hotspot but what if the firestick is working with it? Then where can we go from here...
I guess you will have to raise a RMA if the firestick is under warranty.

If not I would suggest trying to borrow a firetstick if someone has it in your office/friend circle and trying it out before buying a new one.

Try a higher band and see if it works-

I would suggest using SSID Insider to check the bands your neighbors are using and try to find a sweet spot though.

Last edited:
Maybe it's the network wi-fi password. Some devices don't connect if there are two or more special characters in the password.

I saw that problem on a DLink router. We changed the password since a lot of android devices just woudn't connect to it if it had two special characters in the password like $# etc. Another reason is maybe his router wifi signal has gone bad if all the devices have problem connecting to the wifi suddenly.

Back