Amazon India is becoming a Joke day by day. Please keep your eyes open when dealing with them.

Stopped using flipkart long back, when they didn't have good pricing, and their website suks.

Amazon shined that time for amazing pricing and blazing fast deliveries, Over last couple of year i bought from amazon my eyes closed, and never ever looked to any other shopping site.

Until few moth before when ordered a kitchen utensil in Lightening deal, they say its half price.
But when received the product, the price i paid was 200/- more then the MRP printed in the box ( ~1800/- MRP printed, paid ~Rs. 2025/-) customer services has their own excused to justify that.
Its not acceptable to me, specially for a company such as Amazon.in, but i thought not to waste my time for just 200/-. I moved on.

Now this very recent experience once i stated looking other sites then amazon & compare.

Needed a laptop battery & an external DVD writer.
Went to amazon.in , seen the Samsung one available ~1600/- with amazon prime 1-2day delivery, no brainier !!
while this, i was tempted by their flashing promotion on books, quickly added 7-8 books available in prime as well, along with the drive.
Before i pay one book listed 175/- was suddenly became unavailable in prime, and asked me to pay 280/- plus 70/- shipping) so i dropped this book And placed the order right there (Monday morning , 29-August-2016). everything was on prime delivery 1-2days.

Dell Laptop battery was priced 4700/- in amazon, 2100/- in Ebay. both labeled as Dell original.
I was super skeptical about ebay, but my inner-feeling is not allowing me to pay ~5K for a battery. ( skipped this on Monday morning)
So called the ebay guy monday night, he was professional & super polite answered all the queries & repeated the same thing which he already written in his listing. I was still not very confident, but to save 3K placed order in ebay ( Tuesday, 30-August-2016) ( the store selling only laptop battery, since year 2000, so i was ready to take the risk)

Now the book which i missed, in amazon prime. i goggled & found available in infibeam. Rs.175 + 40/- shipping, which i ordered on Monday evening .

Now see how Amazon India & their prime had failed miserably here here
  • Battery Delivered yesterday 2-Sept, 2016 ( yes it was all India strike, but they buy delivered ~11:30 in morning )
  • infibeam delivered the book , just sometime back (3-sept) which inspired me to write this.
  • Amazon - prime.... Amazon prime?? Amazon Prime :D - Not received yet. 1-day gone, 2-day go went gone. yet to receive Out for delivery SMS from them. Not a single items as of now !!
Amazon India , please stop chewing what you cant eat!!

TL;DR
  1. check pricing in amazon India with eyes & brain open, shut down heart.
  2. Double check when things got deliver from them.
  3. Before placing order. check if anyone selling them in better price.
  4. Amazon prime is just a marketing gimmick. just a renamed fulfilled by amazon.

This is my advice to everyone here. Please do not buy from online websites without comparing them with retail store prices. If the MRP of the product in question is cheaper than the retail price in stores , Then go ahead and buy the product from the online shopping site in question.

The reason amazon, Flipkart and other online shopping services are charging a price higher than the MRP for their products in India now is because they have a large amount of customer in India. They are earning profit even if they charge higher than the MRP. They know there are people who will still buy from them due to factor of convenience namely 'Home delivery service'.

This is true of every company in India. Once a company establishes itself well it doesn't care about charging lower prices to the consumers, But looks to increase its profit margin in the product it sells.
This is happening in the case of India as there is a oligopoly sort of scenario in the online shopping market.

Last edited:
The last two orders from Amazon - I got SMSs saying "out for delivery" followed by "could not be delivered" on two/three days. I was at home all the time.

The last order actually got returned to seller because "could not deliver".

The last two orders from Amazon - I got SMSs saying "out for delivery" followed by "could not be delivered" on two/three days. I was at home all the time.

The last order actually got returned to seller because "could not deliver".
Whenever seller pulls out the order i.e. seller wants to cancel the order from his/her side, Amazon plays this trick these days.
I too have experienced a similiar situation

This is my advice to everyone here. Please do not buy from online websites without comparing them with retail store prices. If the MRP of the product in question is cheaper than the retail price in stores , Then go ahead and buy the product from the online shopping site in question.

The reason amazon, Flipkart and other online shopping services are charging a price higher than the MRP for their products in India now is because they have a large amount of customer in India. They are earning profit even if they charge higher than the MRP. They know there are people who will still buy from them due to factor of convenience namely 'Home delivery service'.

This is true of every company in India. Once a company establishes itself well it doesn't care about charging lower prices to the consumers, But looks to increase its profit margin in the product it sells.
This is happening in the case of India as there is a oligopoly sort of scenario in the online shopping market.

Same here with Grofers. Ordered several times, and twice I see being overcharged. Got money back both times, but why do I need to check.

Oh, and Big Bazaar does this offline a lot of times.

Back