Amazon India's Return/Replacement Policy Changes (2023)

This policy change is good, now i will finally move my lazy ass out to shop & buy electronic items.
Yes, I got Mosquito racket that they quote Rs.350/- online, for just Rs.180/- from local shop, also enjoy Paani Puri and 2-3 hrs. picnic with family.
Got Good walk for health with advantage of the people also starts knowing that you are from their area/city and it increase social harmony.

Nah man, I don't have time to waste doing all this nonsense. I'd rather purchase offline and pay a bit extra.
as per me offline took more time than online, yes if you are going by walk than it's healthy, but than, some time you get screwed by offline sellers too and I think returning goods online is better than with offline sellers, as 95% offline sellers (if they don't have replacement/exchange) are not willing to refund money back.

Last edited:
I think returning goods online is better than with offline sellers
Unless it's still not clear from this thread, RETURNS are no longer a thing online. If you encounter a faulty item, you take it to the OEM yourself. That's the new policy.

And no replacement online unless you received an item with physical damage.
as 95% offline sellers (if they don't have replacement/exchange) are not willing to refund money back.
We'll have to find the 5% ourselves.

Last edited:
This is neither new nor surprising given how folks abused the earlier "more favourable" return policy.
Blame Amazon as much as you want but this was bound to happen.

This is neither new nor surprising given how folks abused the earlier "more favourable" return policy.
Blame Amazon as much as you want but this was bound to happen.
Why is this change India specific then?

Just browsed Amazon US and for the same electronics items, they advertise "FREE return for ANY REASON"!

This is like an insult tbh. The change should've been enforced worldwide and not just upon us Indians.

Why is this change India specific then?

Just browsed Amazon US and for the same electronics items, they advertise "FREE return for ANY REASON"!

This is like an insult tbh. The change should've been enforced worldwide and not just upon us Indians.
And why do you think that is the case ?
This has already been discussed umpteen times here and its like beating a dead horse.
Look I do not support them and I hate all these changes but there is nothing we can do apart from going either directly to an alternate seller (there is an excellent thread with that info) or buy offline, or even contact the Amazon seller.

I think this is a welcome change. If you don't know what Amazon return scams are, I have seen people build houses from the money they made by screwing amazon (And in the end the customers as well) over.
Amazon is no saint either - it was literally the fastest growing company during the pandemic.
While return scams seem to be more prevalent in India, Az has tried to pass off returned items as brand new ones instead of refurbished.

So if we could stop defending a trillion dollar company that tries to screw honest customers and employees alike, that would be great. If they get scammed, they should seek legal recourse, not make unilateral policy changes.

This policy will lead to Amazon selling substandard products/old stock (just like Flipkart), and telling you to F off when you get a defective product. In a physical store you can inspect the import/manufacturing date and decide accordingly. This isn't possible online.

Unless it's still not clear from this thread, RETURNS are no longer a thing online. If you encounter a faulty item, you take it to the OEM yourself. That's the new policy.
if we bought offline (from Lamington Road Mumbai) than if some issue noticed within first 72 hrs./3 days, NO NEED to visit OEM but seller/supplier and he will exchange/replace it with new one within 3 days or as per availability of stock. If you found issue on 4th day than need to take issue with OEM.

There are few sellers in my city who charging more than Lamington Road sellers but if any issue arise in a month or two than they will try to give best service, just ask you to submit hardware at their place and they will do all other work like packing & sending to Brand & received Back and handover to end user... but only few are providing such services.

There are few LIARS also who charge more with promise to provide you service but once you buy from them than they have 100's of reason for not providing you service.

And no replacement online unless you received an item with physical damage.
what if no physician damage but issue with quality / working on arrival ?

We'll have to find the 5% ourselves.
finding those 5% is either need lot of money to test every sellers or years of experience of dealing with good reputed shop/person/dealers only.

what if no physician damage but issue with quality / working on arrival ?
I've had a few such cases : a TWS, a popcorn maker & angle brackets being a few that I can remember from the top of my head. I was able to return after a replacement (with reasons of course). None of these had physical damage; the TWS had unequal battery drain & replacement unit had it's seal broken and with signs of prior use, popcorn maker didn't have our conventional Indian plug & the angle brackets had holes at random measurments.

Its been more than 15 days the courier is still in transit and i am still waiting for refund. Anyone knows how to escalate this matter further?

1707618757255.png

Dm @amazonhelp on Twitter and tell them you need to escalate an issue that support is not helping with.
I'll create an account and write them but I have zero presence on social media (twitter, FB) so not sure if it will be helpful.

P.S. Offtopic, I just remembered my brother opened an account in Kotak bank on 1st and its been 11 days the account balance is still zero. Its time to start remembering important things.

I'll create an account and write them but I have zero presence on social media (twitter, FB) so not sure if it will be helpful.

P.S. Offtopic, I just remembered my brother opened an account in Kotak bank on 1st and its been 11 days the account balance is still zero. Its time to start remembering important things.
You don't need followers or anything, don't need to tweet publicly for pressure or anything like that. Just send a dm.

Social media teams usually have escalation processes for these issues that are separate from regular customer support processes.
Any good pc shops with good hassle free return policy?

I got scammed by Amazon once they sent wrong product and kept delaying refund for 2 months.
There's several with good reps in the community. Primeqbgb, mdcomputers, vishalperipherals,vedantcomputers,pcstudio,nationalpc are the ones I know of.

Amazon once they sent wrong product and kept delaying refund
this seems to be the norm these days with Amazon.
Seller are now even selling refurbished/used APC UPS and we have to go all the pain to get refund/replacement.
Its always good to buy form local shop or the reputed online shops.

Dm @amazonhelp on Twitter and tell them you need to escalate an issue that support is not helping with.
that time is long gone when they had any public shame and honour social media.. these days thir skin is thicker than rhinoceros.

Back