Amazon pricing higher during sales

Even then it doesn't workout - they are increasing price by 43% for some products during the so called sale!!
These days sale is only for fools mostly to fool them! A regular buyer will instantly spot the price change!
On normal days a product will sell for 1k but during sale it will sell for 1.5k and they will edit the original price like 4k impressing buyer that they have reduced 2.5k!

These days sale is only for fools mostly to fool them! A regular buyer will instantly spot the price change!
On normal days a product will sell for 1k but during sale it will sell for 1.5k and they will edit the original price like 4k impressing buyer that they have reduced 2.5k!
These days any Amazon lightning deals are not accepting payments and are keeping 5k minimum limit for any deal to go through like use of SBI credit card through one can get 10% instant discount but such deal is requiring at least 5k minimum purchase to get it.
My kid and my wife tried to make payment repeatedly but it failed.

Man who buys regularly enough to detect price changes. Most people who see through "sales" are those who have been monitoring the price of a product they really want to buy or are looking to get a good deal.

Also, keepa helps :)

Last edited:
Man who buys regularly enough to detect price changes. Most people who see through "sales" are those who have been monitoring the price of a product they really want to buy or are looking to get a good deal.

Also, keepa helps :)
I just add the items to my cart and leave it, whenever there is a price drop I do get a mail notification. it does not tell me whenever the price increases :p

They even show the Mrp of the product as higher than what it was and then show you how much you are saving. So if you don't know the actual price of the product, you think you are saving about 5000 sometimes even 10000 for higher priced products.

Most price drop notifications are rendered useless anyway, as Keepa has no option to select Amazon fulfilled items only. The notifications they send are mostly always from third party sellers. Unless I have missed something or that's the way it is.

Most price drop notifications are rendered useless anyway, as Keepa has no option to select Amazon fulfilled items only. The notifications they send are mostly always from third party sellers. Unless I have missed something or that's the way it is.
That's not true, I bought my Ryzen 5 3600 for 15.5k, thanks to keepa since it was retailing for 19k at the time on all online offline sources.

I just add the items to my cart and leave it, whenever there is a price drop I do get a mail notification. it does not tell me whenever the price increases :p
It doesn't send notification for price increase but if you click on cart it will show any changes in price(increase or decrease). Of course an increase generally isn't very helpful unless you are a local seller trying to match the online price.

One explanation could be - they increase the price for the products they don't have much margin with - it helps them two ways :
1. To discourage potential buyers who are watching price and waiting for a deal during the sale
2. If some unassuming/impatient/desperate buyer buys it during the sale for the jacked up price it's a very good profit for them!

I have seen some seller on Amazon and Ebay jack up price to ridiculous amount for out-of-stock products instead of de-listing them.
If some fool really buys it they may get it from somewhere else and sell it to them.

I actually didn't mean the PC or tech items, but regular, day to day ones only.
Many PC components and related items are also increased significantly during the so called sale - see my screenshot!

One explanation could be - they increase the price for the products they don't have much margin with - it helps them two ways :
1. To discourage potential buyers who are watching price and waiting for a deal during the sale
2. If some unassuming/impatient/desperate buyer buys it during the sale for the jacked up price it's a very good profit for them!

I have seen some seller on Amazon and Ebay jack up price to ridiculous amount for out-of-stock products instead of de-listing them.
If some fool really buys it they may get it from somewhere else and sell it to them.

Many PC components and related items are also increased significantly during the so called sale - see my screenshot!
It is a pretty common tactic, sales don't always mean discount. Hell, if a sale makes you buy something you didn't even need in the first place you have already abandoned the highest discount (100%).

Back