PC Peripherals AMD Appoints Accel Frontline Services as India RMA Service Provider

Supra

Skilled
AMD Press Release :

Mumbai, India. – March 23, 2009 – AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the appointment of Accel Frontline Services Pvt Ltd as its service provider for Return Material Authorization (RMA) operations for both channel & corporate customers based in India. Accel Frontline Services will take over all service responsibilities with immediate effect.
The alliance with Accel Frontline Services will extend the reach of AMDs RMA support services to customers across the country. In the rare eventuality of a manufacturing defect within the warranty period, Accel Frontline Services will provide doorstep pickup from the customer location and replacements are also door delivered. This entire process will be centrally managed by Accel at Bangalore. With over 40 branches and proven IT infrastructure, Accel Frontline Services has excellent control over logistics to service AMD’s partners and end customers.
“In line with our business philosophy of providing best-in-class service, AMD endeavors for continuous improvement of our service standards. After intense competitive evaluation we chose Accel Frontline Services as our RMA service provider given their proven expertise in this domain and their logistics support infrastructure across the country. Our tie-up with Accel Frontline Services is a step to provide even better customer service in India†said Sandip Naik, Head – Channel Business and Distribution, AMD India.
“We are proud to be partnering with AMD for their support services. AMDs customers can expect timely, efficient and high quality services from the Accel Frontline Services team,†said N R Panicker, CMD, Accel, India.
RMA Process

1) Customers call helpline / send an email to register a complaint

2) Accel will organize a pickup from the customer premises

3) The product will be shipped to the Accel – AMD central hub for technical evaluation

4) Replacements will be provided as per the terms of warranty

5) The entire process will be accomplished in 7 days
Contact details of the RMA service:

a) Accel - AMD Central Hub: Accel Frontline Services (P) Limited, # 624, K.R Garden,8th Block, Koramangala,BANGALORE-560 095.Phone No. 080-41500996 (Toll No), E-mail ID: amdcare@accelfrontline.in
b) Customers can visit www.amd.com/in/pibrma and download new shipping documents. They need to contact Accel Frontline Service Locations as per the address details to submit products.
c) Customers can visit www.amd.com/in/pibrma and download new shipping documents. Accel Frontline Services’ courier agent will pickup and replacements will be delivered subsequently.

In addition, Accel Frontline Services has initiated various status update mechanisms, through their WEB CRM, which helps customers to track the status of their RMAs.

- The system can trigger SMS/Email on the status at various stages

- To know call status customers can send an SMS as “Status <Space> product serial no. to 9600094051.

- Customers can check their RMA/Service Call Status through Accel Frontline Services’ public URL Untitled Page. Customers are required to enter the Vendor RMA No. or Temporary Ref ID or Call Id with Phone number (Landline/Mobile). This allows for live tracking of Logistics between Accel HQ and the service centre.

- Customers can also send their feedback through SMS, by typing ‘General Feedback’ and sending to 9600094051.
About ACCEL

Accel Frontline Services Pvt. Ltd. (AFSPL) is an Accel group company and India’s leading service provider to IT Component / peripherals, Telecom, Storage & Memory, Networking and Electronics consumer Products OEM/ODM, Principal Companies & its Customers with its world class Repairs, Services, Reverse logistics & Warranty Management Solutions.
Accel Group Companies:

Starting off as a multi vendor services company, Accel has evolved over the years as one of India's leading IT services company with global operations.

Accel operates through 5 independent corporate entities namely Accel Frontline Limited, Accel Transmatic Limited, Accel Frontline Services, Accel Academy and Accel Systems Group. Please visit Accel Frontline or Accel Limited
About AMD

Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit Advanced Micro Devices, AMD ? Global Provider of Innovative Microprocessor, Graphics and Media Solutions

I believe this is a very good news. I dealt with Accel during RMA of my Seagate drive and I was very impressed with the way whole thing was conducted. SMS alerts and proper online documentation... everything went smooth and I got a new hard disk in two days

@Supra: how can i forget accel..i was having a 4 months long relation with them before they finally replaced my viewsonic LCD (after i complained to the core cell) and ended the relation!!

Might be in some areas viewsonic A.S.S is handled by other companies

I hope Accel Frontline is well staffed and has competent managers cuz otherwise quality will suffer.

no since they have such a wide range of clients, each of em needs to be handled with care. I wasn't being specific.

Bumping an old thread
AMD sent a new A10-5800K to replace my A8-6600K
Nice experience.
Got the replacement within a week.
Went to Accel Frontlines office in Lamington(Opp. Imperial Cinema) to submit the proccy on Saturday and AMD's replacement proccy reached me next Thursday.
Thanks @Dark Star for the pointers.
Comparing the market price of both processors, I am more than happy:)

Back