Budget 0-20k AMD Bases with OnBoard graphic Card motherBoard

emceeb

Disciple
Hi,

I am looking for a Budget PC with on board graphic card for my cousin for his home use and a bit of Auto Cad.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
OLD PC
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Monitor
  • Hard Drive 500 Gb
  • Keyboard and Mouse

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• CPU - AMD quad-core (Suggestions for Which one)
  • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard with on-board Graphic Card

• RAM : Corsair Vengeance 4 GB
  • Cabinet : Cooler mater Elite 310
  • PSU : Suggestions Required

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• No not for 2 years at least

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Mumbai (Lamington)
  • Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
  • Browsing
  • Auto Cad (Light )
  • Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• Do not want to buy Intel company product as I Am a AMD loyalist and yes I do know how Intel is kicking AMD's ass all over the place.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• NO

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit

emceeb Go with this-
AMD FX4300-7.4k OR FX6300-10k
Asus M5A97-6.5k
Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.3k
Nzxt Source 210 Elite-2.7k OR CM Elite 310-3k
Corsair CX430V2-2.4k
If you're ready to get an intel rig then-
Intel i3 3220-7k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
Rest as above.

Asus M5A97-6.5k

Indian markets put crazy prices. In US, there is only 10$ difference between 4300 and 6300 and in India difference is 4-5 times higher. And this is pre-order booking, I am also waiting for its availability. :unsure:

@Jakob this mobo doesn't have IGP, so please suggest GPU which suits his requirement.

@emceeb , your budget is too short for quad core and good RIG. If you still need quad core, you either have to increase your budget or compromise with old generation of AMD cpu i.e. FX-4100 and Asus M5A88 (or older than this) which is not recommended in TE. If possible, wait and grab some more money, and anyway 4300 will be available after 1 more month. Take your call.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP budget is too short to add a GPU but still if he wants to get a good enough GPU then Sapphire HD7750-7k OR HD6770-6.4k would be a good choice.
Indian markets put crazy prices. In US, there is only 10$ difference between 4300 and 6300 and in India difference is 4-5 times higher. And this is pre-order booking, I am also waiting for its availability. :unsure:

Jakob this mobo doesn't have IGP, so please suggest GPU which suits his requirement.

emceeb , your budget is too short for quad core and good RIG. If you still need quad core, you either have to increase your budget or compromise with old generation of AMD cpu i.e. FX-4100 and Asus M5A88 (or older than this) which is not recommended in TE. If possible, wait and grab some more money, and anyway 4300 will be available after 1 more month. Take your call.

emceeb Go with this-
Asus M5A97-6.5k
Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.3k
Nzxt Source 210 Elite-2.7k OR CM Elite 310-3k
Corsair CX430V2-2.4k
If you're ready to get an intel rig then-
Intel i3 3220-7k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
Rest as above.

Thanks
But the MB u mentioned M5A97 Doesn't seem to have a on board graphic at least not from anything I can tell from the official page.

Also I know x4s are old but they are good aren't they ?

Edit: Sorry My Bad FX has a GPU so there.

How about this Combo

ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2

AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100

I know they are old but seriously guys he just need for home use and a Little AutoCad.

How about this Combo

ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2

AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100

I know they are old but seriously guys he just need for home use and a Little AutoCad.

Don't mix different chipsets and processors, you get none of the performance benefits because one of the two is holding the other back. In your case the FX-4100 will be held back by the archaic 760G based motherboard.

Don't mix different chipsets and processors, you get none of the performance benefits because one of the two is holding the other back. In your case the FX-4100 will be held back by the archaic 760G based motherboard.

So what u think would be a better combo?

Thanks but I was hoping for a AMD Based Combo please.

Will you shed that fan-boy baggage please and think it through.

The Intel RIG --
  • fits your budget.
  • performs decently well
  • is more power efficient
What do you need beyond this?

Will you shed that fan-boy baggage please and think it through.

The Intel RIG --
  • fits your budget.
  • performs decently well
  • is more power efficient
What do you need beyond this?

How about i3 3220 with MSI B75MA - P45

I would rather go for a MSI than Gigabyte.

How about i3 3220 with MSI B75MA - P45

I would rather go for a MSI than Gigabyte.

About the Core i3 3220, you can go with it but keeping the future in mind I had put forth the cheapest Core i5 for you to consider.

The GIGABYTE motherboard has a better I / O panel and better connectivity options for extra card(s).

Any reason to go with MSi?

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

About the Core i3 3220, you can go with it but keeping the future in mind I had put forth the cheapest Core i5 for you to consider.

The GIGABYTE motherboard has a better I / O panel and better connectivity options for extra card(s).

Any reason to go with MSi?

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

I am using a 890 gd fx70 with hd 6770 and x4 and loving it. So I thought msi would be better also had this friend face huge bios issues with one of his gigabyte board. Was just skeptical I guess

Hi,

I am looking for a Budget PC with on board graphic card for my cousin for his home use and a bit of Auto Cad.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
OLD PC
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Monitor
  • Hard Drive 500 Gb
  • Keyboard and Mouse

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• CPU - AMD quad-core (Suggestions for Which one)
  • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard with on-board Graphic Card
  • RAM : Corsair Vengeance 4 GB
  • Cabinet : Cooler mater Elite 310
  • PSU : Suggestions Required

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• No not for 2 years at least

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Mumbai (Lamington)
  • Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
  • Browsing
  • Auto Cad (Light )
  • Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• Do not want to buy Intel company product as I Am a AMD loyalist and yes I do know how Intel is kicking AMD's ass all over the place.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• NO

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit

You can also go for this config:

AMD A10-5800k -8500,
Asus F2A55-M-LE -4800,
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4GB -1500,
Corsair GS500 -4300,
NZXT Source 210 Elite -2900.

TOTAL -22,000.

Back