Graphic Cards Amd launches ati graphics in INDIA

^^vinaycm had sms'ed my abt this news; :)

Good price I'd say; wonder if the distris price it the same way; :D

EDIT: As I'd predicted; Distri prices're horrid!! Just saw Rahul_varma from ITW has it for 19.5k!! :(

hey good news !!!!!!!! i am happy that ati launched its cards in india now ati will capture the market now, Nvidia should have to place it's cell in India too:eek:hyeah: ; or it will be a gr8 trouble for Nvidia to gather its pieces.........

the pricing is good on 4850 only. These PR announcements are useless to be honest. In retail, its the distributor pricing that matters. Noone is sellin 4870 for under 19.5k.:mad:

the "suggested" prices in the press release are not too bad actually. Now to get the bloody distributors to see the light and fall in line :p

i guess it would be wait and watch situation regarding 4870 .. similar issue with the 8800GTS 512 edition.. the prices were 3k higher than 8800GT with a performance margin or 10%

I hope AMD continues their proccy trend for their ATI cards too

AMD proccies have always been priced well in Indian market. Also their availability is never a question

If only they can extend their proccy model to their ATI division in India, they will really push Nvidia to a dark corner

ppl can report retarded distributor pricing to Chris Hook directly I guess

Here is his email "Chris.Hook<at>amd.com"

Plz name the distributors, the brand and the price.So that they can book the retards at least

^^ muhahaha!!

did that earlier today in the morning.

since mr.hook is visiting India right now, i got an automated reply saying that he's out.. nd a bunch of other PR mail ids to whom the query could be sent..

i shot off my mail to dave . erskine @ amd . com

12k n 16k are reasonable prices :hap2: but 19.5k :mad: its a rip off !!! + u have to pay shipping and octroi !!!:no: why don't we write a petition circulate around all TE members they add their username and email IDS and send it to AMD :S
BTW if 4870 really sells for 16k here it will be.........:rofl: i cant even think wht it will be like :p......

why don't we write a petition circulate around all TE members they add their username and email IDS and send it to AMD

Very good idea. And as I told please include the distris name, brand of card and the approx price quoted by distris/dealers. Thats more important to teach those retards a lesson

Supra said:
Very good idea. And as I told please include the distris name, brand of card and the approx price quoted by distris/dealers. Thats more important to teach those retards a lesson
ya thtz very good idea.....Supra:hap2: these retards need some reality check that now buyers are not fools :mad:

That is a very good price indeed! And +1 to supra's idea. The local distributor and the retailers think they can rip off customers like this !

here is AMD's sales office in Delhi. They are responsible for sale and distribution of AMD-ATI products in India

New Delhi, India

AMD Far East Ltd.

Hotel Crown Plaza Surya

Business Centre

O Floor, New Friends Colony

New Delhi-110 065

India

Tel: 011-41672614

Fax: 011-41672623

and Mumbai office

Mumbai, India

AMD Far East Ltd.

Vaibhav Chambers, 5th Floor

Opp. Income Tax Office,

Bandra-Kurla Complex

Bandra (East)

Mumbai-400 051

India

Tel: 022-30687772

Fax: 022-30687768

Erskine, Dave

to me
show details 7:11 PM (13 hours ago)

Hi Vaidy,
I've forwarded your email to a colleague of mine located in India. I have no idea why the cards would be on sale at a premium as we specifically designed a card that would be affordable, yet very powerful. He will get back to you shortly.
Best regards,
Dave

wonder whats gonna turn up in my mail next...

Back