CPU/Mobo AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology

Safin

Skilled
As of next week, we will have a new mobile CPU in our midst, "Turion" codenamed. The processor from Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) is targeted to go head on with Intel's very popular Centrino Technology.
Turion is targeted to fit in thin and light notebooks. The CPU will have a very low power usage, which at this moment is a popular demand. Turion is specifically designed to replace its elder brother: Mobile Athlon 64.

At the movement the details of this are sketchy but its undoubtedly the most awaited tech happening next week :p

GO AMD :tongue:

I posted the pics of Turion a while back on guru3d.
Here are they.
Look like S754 users will have something to cheer, this chip works on desktop boards too :D
AMD Turion 64 2800+ - 1.6 GHz - 1M L2 - Core 90nm Rev 'E' - TDP 25W Socket754
dscn02150jx.jpg

Overclocking results

16002oh.jpg

25003cx.jpg

funkymonkey said:
I posted the pics of Turion a while back on guru3d.

Here are they.

Look like S754 users will have something to cheer, this chip works on desktop boards too :D

AMD Turion 64 2800+ - 1.6 GHz - 1M L2 - Core 90nm Rev 'E' - TDP 25W Socket754

dscn02150jx.jpg

Overclocking results

16002oh.jpg

25003cx.jpg

:O just 25W!!!!

looks like this will be great :clap:

Aces170 said:
Hmm wonder whther these will be available in open in India.

I beleive never... They are not meant to be sold in open... But in US there are OEM chips available... But i feel this wouuld never happen here in India... I beleive earlier the Athlon Mobile's were also not available here...

Good to see the Turions are compatible. The Mobile Athlon 64s werent as friendly with desktop boards i believe.

25W is indeed amazing.
Did anyone notice the voltage at which the proc was overclocked?
2Ghz at 1.056v! While not the overclocking factor alone, this would run excellent as a nice silent PC as well :)

No way we will ever see these out in the open in Indian markets. Even the Mobile Athlon XPs never made it.

Back