An android phone for a GIRL with a budget of 22k(MAX)

Dark Prince

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 22k(MAX)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: No preferences as such

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Prefer Samsung,Sony,HTC and maybe motorola if i have due to the fact that they are shutting down their operations in india

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 5MP camera + Flash at least

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G+Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, music,games,movies and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Sony Xperia S and P,Galaxy Nexus,Atrix 2

The drawbacks of Xperia
S and p are the very low battery lives. Nexus has no warranty.My friend had one.He faced some problems with the charging point slot.He had major issues trying to get it fixed in mumbai as no one was ready to get their hands into trying to fix it.I don't mind getting it though but could not find any reliable and affordable sources for it(as long as i have the assurance that i can get it fixed in bangalore if i face any hardware issues).I even considered the Samsung galaxy S2 but when compared to Xperia S due to the same cost, i just left it out.Also would go ahead with the ATRIX 2 but the locked bootloader and chances of MOTOROLA holding me back are the things holding me back.
I wish to buy the phone ASAP for my GIRLFRIEND,so the entire confusion as I
wanna avoid hassles later.

Thw White Nexus looks sexy as hell. Also if I am right I heard that the Nexus was being sold by Samsung Cafe with warranty as well.

hey thanks for the info

can you please give me some additional details on that

a small update
i just called a smsung smart cafe at brigade road, bangalore and they say that nexus ain't available as it is not launched

i know that L9 is a kick ass phone
and i really wish i could wait
but the thing is that i have to buy it today or tomorrow cos it is birthday present
i dont wanna buy a freshly launched phone and then be the one reporting issues

Atrix 2 is nice option.
you can also look at razr. What does your gf has to do with unlocked bootloader ?
I mean she will be able to play the games, do the photography and all. My perception is that they dont care about that if everything works. ( personal experience :) )

Atrix 2 is nice option.
you can also look at razr. What does your gf has to do with unlocked bootloader ?
I mean she will be able to play the games, do the photography and all. My perception is that they dont care about that if everything works. ( personal experience :) )

hahahaha
i'd have been better off had she not been interested in rooting and custom ROMS
she does not care about locked boot loaders but she is interested in rooting and ROMS

Atrix 2!!!

Go for Atrix 2 buddy !!! Really Great phone,only drwaback is camera. not upto the mark.. everything else is great in this phone.. And as far as i read, motorola's support centers are going to be functional thought they are shutting down their other businesses.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I could not find ATRIX 2 anywhere yesterday as i had to buy it yesterday
really wanted to buy it
Day before yesterday it was in stock on flipkart and yesterday it was gone
So bought galaxy S2 cos like some one said, it is a proven performer with a stunning super amoled screen, good dev support and a hardware package overall.Plus it is getting JB
and since it is samsung, i hope i wont have any problems whenever it needs any repairs

Galaxy Nexus - (Have been using it, the charging port goes bad if you insert the charging pin upside down or force it in, you're supposed to gently put it in)
SE Live with Walkman - Get the white one, your gf will love it :)

Not very keen on LG as their after sales support and updates are something always in the news for bad reasons.

Oops seems you already got it ;)

Congrats Dark Princefor the purchase. Where did you buy it from and how much's the damage :)

Its still out of stock on flipkart. Till last week it was on pre-order and I dont know IF it ever came in stock. Yesterday I checked The Mobile Store and they had no idea when it's gonna come.

It was in stock yesterday night. :bleh:
Anyways it should be everywhere in a week or two.

Back