Budget 30-40k An Android phone with GOOD battery life

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Here's the situation:
I was using a Note 10 Lite as my primary phone, but the battery went so bad within 6 months that it barely lasts a full working day of 8-9 hours with one SIM and always on mobile data.
As I rushed to India, swapped the SIM cards and brought her iphone XR with me.
It is working just fine even in India with a T-Mobile SIM.
But now I have another airtel SIM which I must use atleast for data. I do have a Xiaomi phone ( forgot the model number) which used to work with T-Mobile back home, but for some reason not working here.
Basically have to carry 2 phones for 2 SIM cards.
Requirements in order of priority:
1.Must work both with Airtel and T-Mobile ( no idea which network T-Mobile latches to in Kolkata, but iphone works and the Xiaomi doesn't) Airtel for both calls, data .T-Mobile for ISD only
2. Decent battery life to go through a 8-9 hours work day ( 3 emails with lots of emails, many phone calls...very brief but MANY, one long WhatsApp video call, general browsing for 30 minutes, 30 minutes of YT, music streaming, minimal camera use, no gaming)
3. Should sustain few drops ( don't mind a bulky case)
Can't go offline route to check SIM compatibility due to lockdown. Must buy from Amazon.
What options do I have? Budget is flexible, but don't want to waste money...any brand will do, have no problem with Chinese manufacturers as long as the SIMs work.
Please help me guys, it's kind of urgent.

Solution
I'm a very messy and lazy person, carrying 2 phones ( often 3, when in hospital) drives me nuts
T-mobile will probably not work on Indian phones because of the bands that T-mobile works on and that's why it is only working on the iPhone. So you will have to probably carry 2 phones. The only way I see is that you get an e-sim for the Airtel number and make that work on the iPhone XR itself.
I can't say about T-Mobile but Asus Zenfone 8 is the new favourite, just waiting for India launch.
Both Asus zenfone 8 and zenfone 8 flip are good phones especially Zenfone 8 the 5.9" screen size variant, It also has a headphone DAC and 3.5mm port.
It's also IP68 dust/water resistant.
The best part is - it's near stock android and almost bloatware free, can tell from experience using Asus 5z and purchased Zenfone 6z too.
Indian launch delayed due to lockdown restrictions. I'm definitely gonna buy this one.
So I insist you must check full specs or some youtube video for this one.
Poco X3 pro is another VFM item to consider, as your requirement is urgent.

I'm a very messy and lazy person, carrying 2 phones ( often 3, when in hospital) drives me nuts
T-mobile will probably not work on Indian phones because of the bands that T-mobile works on and that's why it is only working on the iPhone. So you will have to probably carry 2 phones. The only way I see is that you get an e-sim for the Airtel number and make that work on the iPhone XR itself.

Solution
^^ Do you know if the XR sold in Europe supports a second e SIM properly?
T-Mobile in Czech Republic was really helpful and understanding. They have provided me with an eSIM without any physical verification ( possibly it's a post paid connection > 5 year old)
However they can't keep both the digital and physical SIM active ( obviously) they have sent a detailed video instruction for idiots like myself.
Now the local Airtel SIM is working fine in the XR but if I turn on the data connection for Airtel, loosing the signal on T-Mobile digital SIM.
If I'm using T-Mobile data, both the physical Airtel SIM and digital T-Mobile SIM works. I can call or receive calls in both the SIMs.
Looks like I have to carry 2 phones.
All of us are facing similar issues. Except one ( with Note 20, where both physical SIMs work perfectly) all of us are stuck with iphones. Same issue with 12 and 12 Pro.
Just another unrelated question ( don't want to create a thread for such a trivial issue) I have long hair, don't know how or why my hair is developing tangles despite washing them 2-3 times everyday with shampoo ( I'm not sure of the brand, it's possibly OGX, the commonest shampoo one can buy in Czechia) Now, I practically have dreadlocks!!
Is it the water/ weather in kolkata? Or is it the freaking shampoo? What shall I use to clean this super gross hair?
https://www.ubuy.cz/en/product/6HBV...g-shampoo-with-vitamin-b7-hydrolyzed-wheat-pr
This is the shitty shampoo I brought with me, it worked fine before.

I don't have that with me.

get a pocophone off flipkart for 19k, should work.

if you are okay with your intl sim for calls and airtel for data only, get a wireless dongle
^^ Do you know if the XR sold in Europe supports a second e SIM properly?
T-Mobile in Czech Republic was really helpful and understanding. They have provided me with an eSIM without any physical verification ( possibly it's a post paid connection > 5 year old)
However they can't keep both the digital and physical SIM active ( obviously) they have sent a detailed video instruction for idiots like myself.
Now the local Airtel SIM is working fine in the XR but if I turn on the data connection for Airtel, loosing the signal on T-Mobile digital SIM.
If I'm using T-Mobile data, both the physical Airtel SIM and digital T-Mobile SIM works. I can call or receive calls in both the SIMs.
Looks like I have to carry 2 phones.
All of us are facing similar issues. Except one ( with Note 20, where both physical SIMs work perfectly) all of us are stuck with iphones. Same issue with 12 and 12 Pro.
Just another unrelated question ( don't want to create a thread for such a trivial issue) I have long hair, don't know how or why my hair is developing tangles despite washing them 2-3 times everyday with shampoo ( I'm not sure of the brand, it's possibly OGX, the commonest shampoo one can buy in Czechia) Now, I practically have dreadlocks!!
Is it the water/ weather in kolkata? Or is it the freaking shampoo? What shall I use to clean this super gross hair?
https://www.ubuy.cz/en/product/6HBV...g-shampoo-with-vitamin-b7-hydrolyzed-wheat-pr
This is the shitty shampoo I brought with me, it worked fine before.
for the hair - i have it long thanks to no hair cuts and am in the same city as you, the only thing that works is essenzia di wills shampoos available from ITC
try to source and use especially since its mild and untangles - good for 2/3 showers.
its the water plus humidity that otherwise gets it into a tangle.

What you said is true for the phone, not the SIM. When roaming, its the partnership that counts, not the bands used in home country.

Anyways, the most probable reason for the Airtel SIM not working would be that there is some sort of lock OR the bands are locked.

@red dragon get the phone battery replaced - many CCU chaps here can help. If you can mention the Xiaomi phone AND if its a Snapdragon AND you have time to tinker with it, check XDA - some guides there could help.

Back