Android Browser Recommendations

MadAxe

Adept
After the latest update, Google has messed up Chrome pretty great.
Everyone hates the grid tab layout including me.
One cannot change the Grid tab layout to Cascade without reverting Chrome back to factory version. This uninstalls all the security updates which isn't recommended at all.
Reverting back tab groups now requires a lot of steps and disabling a lot of flags. Which is a hit and a miss. Works for some, doesn't work for others. These steps would need to be done after every update.
So I've decided to chuck Chrome.

Suggest a web browser for Android.

Requirements:
Cascade tab layout, Dark Mode, Supports Ad blocker (better if inbuilt), extensions and addons, Can import bookmarks and settings from Chrome

Please post reviews of browsers you use that satisfy the above requirements.

Last edited:
Have been using edge for past 3 months. No issues and works perfectly
Has a lot of ad banning and anti tracking mechanisms inbuilt to boot

Opera....ftw....have tried chrome, brave, dolphin and opera....but opera is the best....has everything including dark mode, cascade tabs, ad blocking. Plus an inbuilt VPN is the cherry on the top.
Did i mention inbuilt video downloader ;)

Is there no 'open in new tab' option on Firefox Android homepage.
I only see 'open in private tab'.
I tried searching around but couldn't find anything.

Screenshot_20210530-163417948.jpg

Last edited:
That is because you are already in incognito mode and only option there available is open in private tab :joycat:
Have you ever used Firefox?
Above is the Firefox Android homepage. I know when incognito mode is enabled.
Please refrain from answering if you have no knowledge about it.

Last edited:
Have you ever used Firefox?
Above is the Firefox Android homepage. I know when incognito mode is enabled.
Please refrain from answering if you have no knowledge about it.
I thot you were kidding.:oops:o_O That is by design. Now why would a user want to right click on a homepage shortcut and then click open in new tab instead of opening a new tab and directly clicking on the home page short cut. FYI Home page alongwith all it's shortcuts remains the same even if you open n number of new tabs (this applies to all browsers). :rolleyes:

@bigb123 I want to open quite a few tabs from the top sites section from the home page itself.
So I would have to open the home page that many times and open each tab separately?
I used open all the tabs from the top sites section via 'Open in new tab' from homepage itself in Chrome.

Last edited:
+1 to opera. In built ad blocker and tracker . Cascade mode dark mode ....using it for many many years before the Chinese purchased it .

@bigb123 I want to open quite a few tabs from the top sites section from the home page itself.
So I would have to open the home page that many times and open each tab separately?
I used open all the tabs from the top sites section via 'Open in new tab' from homepage itself in Chrome.
Not the exact behavior you wanted, but you can group tabs into Collections so all of those can be opened together.

Back