Android for 2k??

muneersn

Disciple
Hi, I was out to repair the touchscreen of my old windows mobile (HTC gene). Was quoted 1200. Doesn't make much sense.

I was wondering weather it would be possible to get an android for 2k? New, Chinese (with real android) or a used one.

cheapest android from desi brand cost upward of 4k and it is better to not buy any of these cheap androids cause the user experience will be terrible and you'll end up cursing yourself for wasting your money on those. also even used Android mobile from international brand will cost 5-6k if you are looking for something with 3"+ screen.

1 - Get a 2nd hand Android device*
2 - Get a new chinese device from ebay or somewhere else**

* - Old Processor like 300Mhz or even slower, will lag like anything (It'll be like fitting a jet engine in a tata nano, you imagine), you have to switch on the phone 10 minutes before you wish to do anything, battery will have loose motions etc., you'll learn new cursing words as said by sam811
** - Good Processor, BUT you have to pray every time before you wish to use the phone (even check a text, check for new alerts, or just check time) "Please, keep that thing alive" & hope your prayers work :p

I hope it helps.

* - Old Processor like 300Mhz or even slower, will lag like anything (It'll be like fitting a jet engine in a tata nano, you imagine), you have to switch on the phone 10 minutes before you wish to do anything, battery will have loose motions etc., you'll learn new cursing words as said by sam811
** - Good Processor, BUT you have to pray every time before you wish to use the phone (even check a text, check for new alerts, or just check time) "Please, keep that thing alive" & hope your prayers work :p

I hope it helps.
@montsa007 lol! Well put. Actually this phone is intended to be used by my cousin (9yrs old) in place of the hand held video game. Initially I had given him my HTC gene installed with pocketNester (nes emulator) to play. The touch screen has gone kaput now. Hence the thought of an android @ 2k to 2.5k

I guess it would be best if I get an used android at that price point, considering that even new 7" tablets are sold at ~5k

Last edited by a moderator:
montsa007 lol! Well put. Actually this phone is intended to be used by my cousin (9yrs old) in place of the hand held video game. Initially I had given him my HTC gene installed with pocketNester (nes emulator) to play. The touch screen has gone kaput now. Hence the thought of an android @ 2k to 2.5k

I guess it would be best if I get an used android at that price point, considering that even new 7" tablets are sold at ~5k

I'm afraid the 2k tablet will have the same fate that HTC Gene had.
I'd suggest you to buy him a TV Video game or Mitashi's portable console instead of looking some cheap china maal, atleast he won't curse you for gifting a gadget that died moments after playing with.

P.S. - Read this somewhere "China maal, chal gaya to chaand tak, varna shaam tak"

He already has the playstation (tv console) as well as the HCL portable video game. Maybe I'll just get him an micromax funbook/ iberry / etc.. a little later

Lol its 6k~ (MMax and sucks :p, the new Zeus? or is it Zao? or whatever [check todays economic times for a comparison] tab is better but not sure about after sales)

I hope it helps.

I guess you meant nano engine in jet.

Back