Android for 35K. HOX-SGS3-XperiaS

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
1. Q: Budget?
A: 35k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A:

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Of course no motorola. :p

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A:

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: ALL

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, time-pass

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A:

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HOX, SGS3, Xperia S

My father wants to gift me something for my b'day. he said he'll give me 35K. I rather said gimme a phone instead.
So, I am in dilemma now.
The options I can see - HTC One X and Galaxy S3.
Read all the reviews/comparisons :D - both are the same but I am more inclined towards S3 considering the removable battery.
But HOX is a beauty (my friend have it - but I haven't played S3 outside the shops. )
And I am not sure about the current market price of the SGS3. Anyhow budget should not cross 35K.

Or on a different thought, how about Xperia S. I like the phone - decent look/features + google aosp. (and its li'l cheaper - and I get to be good son if I return few bucks ... lol.. :D)
(Don't want to bring SGS2. Somehow I don't like that phone.)

Any more thoughts/options on it?
(please no Xperia Ion or any motorola :) )
And 'waiting' is not an option.

TIA.

HOX for a better screen, premium feel, Sense UI (personal choice) and a very good camera.

Or else the Xperia S.

Somehow I don't like the S3's design philosophy. Feels like a Corby on steroids.. :p, TW albeit fast doesn't feel premium enough and quite frankly for a phone in this budget, looks and design matter. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for your inputs.

Inquired my nearest shops - HOX I expected to be below 35K, but all quoted ~36.5K +/-
And S3 interestingly available for 36.5K at theMobileStore and 200 bucks less than HOX. :)

Anyway, seems I might get Xperia S only. Its same at all shops ~27.5K.
Online may be li'l cheaper (~26K), but they don't ship to Kolkata and also I am not comfortable without warranty.

Why I chose Xperia S
* Cheaper :p
* 4.3" screen is sufficient. And great resolution/ppi
* 12MP camera.
* google aosp

What I'll be missing
* Quad core. Well, I have no idea what are the apps gonna use those quads, but 'bigger is better' :p
* Some extra size in screen. (.4 inch )
* And?

Looking at your requirements I'd suggest you save yourself the money and go for the Xperia S. I prefer the Xperia design to most other, anyway that's just me.

Also, if possible try getting yourself a Google Galaxy Nexus, if you are open to no warranty.

@onlyravi

I don't know if you're unaware or what but most Android devices can do all of the things the GS3 is shown doing in the video. Even the Xperia U can do most of it except HDMI.

The Xperia S has a micro HDMI port, so no need to buy any converterr to get the HDMI working like in the GS3. And as for USB OTG and Bluetooth - it supports all of that as well.
@mathrisk

Don't worry there is nothing in that S3 video the Xperia S cannot do. Not a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had made up my mind - Xperia S it is.
Went to the shop - asked for it. Took it in hand. Said, I want the black one.

Then I heard someone beside me talking about *it* and some special price and .........I slipped....

Damn.... I got The Galaxy S III. \m/

(show off coming soon :) )

Back