Android slider phone around 10K for my wife

buBleZ

Skilled
Hello folks,

Need to buy a phone for my wife with the following requirements.

* A compact touch screen slider model

* Prefer upgradable Android OS. But can chose another if the user experience is good.

* Good multimedia experience in terms of audio/video formats supported.

* An above average camera

* 3G capable with atleast 3.6mbps support

* GPS/AGPS support

* Pricing around 10K

Not in touch with the mobile phone market for quite sometime now. So please help me with the available choices.

+1, all other slider ones are either non smart phones or they have full qwerty keypad !!

For 10K, galaxy 551 is the deal...or grab LG O1 with 15% reliance coupon they will cost you 10.8K and 8.7K respectively !!

if possible have a look at Motorola Flipout / backflip too.....you can check out the specs on gsmarena...!!

buBleZ said:
How about x10 mini pro for around 11k?
check out the specs on gsmarena....it doesn't run on android 2.2 neither is being offered gingerbread !!

i had considered it but screen is too small if you are considering other mobiles.....if you really want go for keyapad go for galaxy 551 or are you open to symbian OS too...as there you would fine many options !!

but doesn't seem that there going to be any soon developments in symb 60 !!!! make a choice symbian (nokia) or android (LG/samsung) !!

Thanks for all the suggestion folks. O1 is VFM with better features/hardware. But my wife was very particular about slider model. Demo'd the galaxy 551 phone and she liked. Ordered in ebay using 6 months EMI @ 10.2K

swapyworld said:
check out the specs on gsmarena....it doesn't run on android 2.2 neither is being offered gingerbread !!

i had considered it but screen is too small if you are considering other mobiles.....if you really want go for keyapad go for galaxy 551 or are you open to symbianX10 mini OS too...as there you would fine many options !!

but doesn't seem that there going to be any soon developments in symb 60 !!!! make a choice symbian (nokia) or android (LG/samsung) !!

x10 mini and Mini pro have custom CyanogenMoD Roms for 2.2 and 2.3

I am personally using a 2.2 Froyo ROM on my X10 mini... No issues... But the screen is small....

CHoice is upto you... I have been using the phone since its release in July last year.....

Back