Android tablet as second monitor?

raksrules

Elite
I want to use my android tablet as second monitor with my work laptop. Is there a free way to do it? Also I read there are wired and wireless options. I am not sure if wireless is right for me since for that to work both the laptop and tablet need to be on same network which I can do but when I connect to client VPN, it may stop I think.

Any suggestions?

I want to use my android tablet as second monitor with my work laptop. Is there a free way to do it? Also I read there are wired and wireless options. I am not sure if wireless is right for me since for that to work both the laptop and tablet need to be on same network which I can do but when I connect to client VPN, it may stop I think.

Any suggestions?
Using Anydesk from the past 3-4 years to use my iPad Air 2 (and even my smartphone altho I've never really used it seriously lol) as external display. Works quite well in terms of latency if both devices are connected to same wifi device, and even better wired. Best experience is with both devices connected to 5ghz wifi.
Just make sure to dial in sane resolution settings and enable compression.

Not sure about the VPN bit tho, can try and see for yourself.

So I tried this today with my home laptop. Installed the Splashtop X wired display and it worked fine and I was able to extend my primary display and have a second display.

Only problem is that I cannot do the same with my work laptop as it has crowdstrike installed and it won't allow me to attach an android tablet to the laptop so only option for me is physical second monitor that can be connected using HDMI.

Back