Budget 15-20K Android Under 20K, will buy retail only, no Online, no custom ROMs

raksrules

Elite
1. Budget?
A: Max 20K
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: whatever
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Good brand with Good A.S.S., No Gionee and such chinese stuff
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: decent camera
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G., Wifi, EDGE
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls, internet, whatsapp, apps in general
10. Any other requirements?
A: Nothing specific
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: LG L90

My brother needs to buy an android. Between 15k - 20K preferable. Will buy in store only because we need to give the iPhone 4S he has and get in exchange. Cannot sell that iPhone online for some reasons.
So Moto G and Moto X is out of option.
Won't be doing custom ROMs either. Stock only.
I have no idea which android is good so please suggest.

Last edited:
Well guys the phone is not is excellent shape and hence i do not want to sell to an individual else i would have opened a FS here as well. I have ordered a battery for the phone (not original) to see if it resolves the battery issues my brother is facing.
The battery of the phone is just 300 cycles or less but the current capacity is under 1000mAh (factory capacity 1420 mAh). I checked using Battery Detective jailbreak app.
My iPhone 4S which has 550 or so cycles has capacity of 1300 mAh which i would say is excellent for a battery which has gone so many cycles.
Also due to battery it randomly shuts down and battery goes up and down randomly (usually down).
If the battery thing does not work, we will need to sell the phone (in exchange) and buy some other.

OLX and Quickr work pretty well in my experience. Whenever I have sold stuff using olx/quickr, I met people at public locations (cafe's etc) and did the transaction. U get a much better rate than if you sell it to shop keepers

Last edited by a moderator:
out of my head I can think of:

1) Galaxy grand 2 : Big, But good battery life and great camera
2)Sony z1 compact : might be the best choice but overbudget now , you might wait for the z3c to appear so that z1 is more accessible.

Oh bull, well sony has just overpriced itself out of the market with z3c coming at a tag of 46k!
Also considering the fact that sony phones generally maintain their prices in brick and mortar stores over a period of time, i think you can take out z1c out of your list....
Anyways desire 816 as suggested is also a great phone with the dual sim advantage.

^he mentioned in the op that he is going to buy only from brick mortar stores, so the moto option was not there for him.
Anyway his cousin has already purchased the phone (which BTW is a great phone) so ..

Back