Android under 20k

rahulahuja

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k or less

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: No-Idea

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Want to buy only Samsung phone. No Sony.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Only Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi, 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Games, a bit of music & camera and sometimes reading ebooks

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Samsung Galaxy S advance

As stated above need a android under 20k. In terms of brands i wud only prefer Samsung. And No Nexus as my Dad wud not allow me to get without warranty.
Read on this forum that S advance may get direct JB if that the case i will surely go for it but if not i wud have to think again.

If you want only Samsung then go ahead and buy S Advance and pray that Samsung Facebook admin turns out to be right and your phone doesn't stay stuck on GB for life, as there is ZERO developer support for it so no hope of a custom ICS/JB port.

okay if i'll add up HTC to the list as well/./ so which shud i take then??

In the ~20000/- bracket you have the following options --
Now do your homework related to development of these handsets + what suits your needs.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

But when i told my dad abt getting a Sony mobile he just said "Sony ke mobile aache nahi hote"
Cant help it

And will i face any probs with single core processor of One V? btw if S-Advance will not get ICS/JB how long will i able to use it?

Well, your loss. Try to bring your father around on this point. I bought a SONY XPERIA Go after my Sony Ericsson C510 (first phone bought for me) which had initial issues with its Firmware, even as it aged the phone used to lag and have a myriad of issues.

Biggest problem with HTC One V's single-core processor is that even after it has got the ICS update, both the SONY phones tear it up in performance (and once these get ICS -->JB treatment the HTC is gone); Also the graphics sub-system of the One V is not upto mark.

Go through the reviews of the phone(s) I have given it is painted all over, only Sun Spider which is very biased to ICS equipped phones is the benchmark where the HTC One V is up, rest everywhere it is firmly at the tail end.

Usage time will be as long as you want but with diminishing returns as the device gets older.

Galaxy S Advance and Ace II might get a direct update to JB (rumoured --> Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and S Advance to skip ICS, get JB - GSMArena.com news)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

I have got repaired my last phone today so i can make that use for some more moths may be just 3-4.

SO what mobiles shud i consider that'll be coming out in December or in early January ?

I have heard that new nexus phone will be also out soon.. have i heard it right? if so will it be launched in India?

now since the samsung has officialy declare that S advance will get JB update soon.. will it be a gud choice?

Yes i know it has network issues.. but my question is: Will the network issue will be solved after JB update or these "Issues" depends on hardware so der is no chance of it being solved?

now since the samsung has officialy declare that S advance will get JB update soon.. will it be a gud choice?

Yes i know it has network issues.. but my question is: Will the network issue will be solved after JB update or these "Issues" depends on hardware so der is no chance of it being solved?

If it is a confirmed hardware issue no amount of firmware revisions / change in the OS will completely resolve the issue. It will nag like a thorn in your skin, the skin healed over it but that does not stop it from hurting you.

Back