Android under 30k [HTC One X(Tegra-3) Or LG Nexus 4]

Mainak777

Disciple
Hii guys..want to buy a new phone..pls help me to decide which one to buy...

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25k [+3k if required]

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT,LCD.IPS

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian Brands

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: At least 8 MP Required with Flash..

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Only

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi,Edge

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, Calls, text and Music

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Battery Backup should be moderate & Custom roms should be available..

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: I am thinking for going for LG Nexus 4 Or HTC One X (Tegra-3 Version)...pls help me decide to go for which one...

P.S:- Pls don't suggest Samsung Galaxy SIII or Note II...

Skip the One X Tegra 3. My heart lies with the Dual Core Snapdragon S4 Krait version aka the XL in some regions. The tegra 3 version has pathetic SQ and sucks the battery dry in record time - both of these drawbacks are addressed in the dual core version. However, its limited to 16GB of non-expandable storage.
Else, by all means, get a nexus 4. Its cheaper, much more powerful, will be the first to get updates from its mother(google) and well.. it will give you a pure android experience. The way it is.. meant to be (played) - [nVidia ;) - out of context].
Ahem.. So yes, get either a Nexus 4 or the One XL/AT&T One X.

I believe Nexus 4 would be a logical choice for the following reasons:
1) It has the specs you are looking for... Quad core latest Krait processor S4 pro with Adreno 320 GPU, which is capable of gaming equivalent to Ipad 4..... 2 GB Ram is not a slouch either when it comes to using multiple task in the background... S4 Pro is the best processor which falls right under Snapdragon 600 and 800
2) Google updates is quick and exclusive to Nexus devices... It will also get Key Lime Pie before any other Non-Nexus devices
3) Easy to unlock Bootloader and lots of custom rom from XDA community, it is the best phone to customize to your heart needs... I custom modded my Nexus 4 with CM 10.1 and ROM with GPU overclock kernel which makes my Nexus 4 a dream to use
4) Good design with glass front and back... some people might not like it, but I love the design... Just have to be careful because glass is easier to scratch or break when dropped....

If you don't get Nexus 4, then go for LG Optimus G... Because it is same as Nexus 4 (hardware wise) and can be easily modded to get Nexus 4 ROMs....

I believe Nexus 4 would be a logical choice for the following reasons:
1) It has the specs you are looking for... Quad core latest Krait processor S4 pro with Adreno 320 GPU, which is capable of gaming equivalent to Ipad 4..... 2 GB Ram is not a slouch either when it comes to using multiple task in the background... S4 Pro is the best processor which falls right under Snapdragon 600 and 800
2) Google updates is quick and exclusive to Nexus devices... It will also get Key Lime Pie before any other Non-Nexus devices
3) Easy to unlock Bootloader and lots of custom rom from XDA community, it is the best phone to customize to your heart needs... I custom modded my Nexus 4 with CM 10.1 and ROM with GPU overclock kernel which makes my Nexus 4 a dream to use
4) Good design with glass front and back... some people might not like it, but I love the design... Just have to be careful because glass is easier to scratch or break when dropped....

If you don't get Nexus 4, then go for LG Optimus G... Because it is same as Nexus 4 (hardware wise) and can be easily modded to get Nexus 4 ROMs....

i am thinking about getting nexus 4 but the glass back i read is easily breaks...thats why i am confused..

Go for the 16GB version, you never know when extra space comes handy and out of the 8GB space some will be allocated to the ROM(s) and OS's requirements.

Can you tell how many gb is usable out of 8 gb & 16 gb ?yes thought about going for 16 gb version...

one more question which 1 you prefer between LG optimus G & Nexus 4?

Can you tell how many gb is usable out of 8 gb & 16 gb ?yes thought about going for 16 gb version...

Around 12 GB is usable in in the 16 GB model

- - - Updated - - -

Around 12 GB is usable in in the 16 GB model

which 1 you prefer between LG optimus G & Nexus 4?

Since both are made from same manufacture, you may not go wrong with either one... But having Nexus is better as it is always known as Google's own product, so you have that cool factor... Not a lot of people own Nexus... I mean, how often do you see someone holding a Nexus device as opposed to HTC/Samsung and even Sony/LG...

Remember, the Galaxy S and Nexus S made by Samsung with same hardware... That is the case for Optimus G and Nexus 4... Most people bought Galaxy S and still was able to get updates through custom rom because of Nexus S... So you don't have to worry about updates... Because if Nexus 4 can run Key Lime Pie, then of course Optimus G can due to same hardware specifications... So any updates to Nexus 4 can be ported to Optimus G easily....

Main differences are:
1) Screen size - You lost some size in Nexus 4 due to software buttons while Optimus G you can utilize the full 4.7 inch screen due to hardware keys... This can be worked around as I use PA rom in my Nexus 4 and I have completely hidden my software keys... It is the cool thing on that rom and now I can enjoy full screen gaming and apps....
2) Timely Updates - Quick update vs Waiting for Update at the mercy of LG (Which does not have a good history) Nexus is currently running 4.2.2 while Optimus G is running 4.0 which is 2 updates behind...
3) LG Skin vs Google Skin - Trust me, lot of people do not prefer Google skin as it is very stock and bare... I prefer Google skin because of customizability...
4) ROM/Kernel - While XDA does have option for Optimus G, Nexus devices always enjoyed vast rom and kernel options from XDA as it is easier to customize

I would easily choose Nexus 4 over Optimus G as it is a no brainer because of getting not only Key Lime Pie, but also the next big update after Key Lime Pie...

btw one point that everyone seems to be forgetting is the camera..nexus 4 comes with a 5 mp camera that is pretty bad..optimus g india version comes with a 13 mp camera (acc to saholic)..

Back