Android Under or Around 15k

meet6600

Adept
Hi Mates,

Using E72 for long now so on the lookout for a smooth and decent Android around 15k. Usage will be Whatsapp, Messaging, Calls, Little Bit of Gaming, Email, Web Browsing, Music and Document Viewing. Need Smooth, Lag Free Performance and Decent Battery Back Up.

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 15k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian Brands

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Occasional Shots but Flash required

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Only

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, Calls, text and Music

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Battery Backup should be good

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Sony Xperia Range but it's a mixed bag as some models skip on one thing or the other plus too many issue's with reliability.
Checked LG Models but in my range, I only see Single Core Processor with not so good performance. Also Can't stretch for LG L9
Out of All models checked the SAMSUNG GALAXY S ADVANCE seems decent with all the right specs and available @ 16.5k for 16 GB Model at Flipkart. Is it a Good Buy considering it will get JB and has quite good specs? Please help!

Seems a good buy considering your requirements. Would also suggest infibeam as a buy option since you can use the code 'mangopeople' and get 10% of purchase price in the wallet.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance Price in India, Buy Samsung Galaxy S Advance, Reviews & Features, Samsung Mobiles India - Infibeam.com

So effective price 17.3k - 1.73k wallet cash ~ 15.57k

You are my Man Thanks! Any other deals on this? And regarding Infibeam any experience's?

- - - Updated - - -
@DarkAngel can you guide me please as while checking out it says that "Congratulations! You have successfully applied the promo code. You wallet will be recharged with Rs. 1730.0 on completion of you order." So Price is 17.8k when can I use this wallet cash??

Last edited by a moderator:
@meet6600 -> Get from HS18. If its a super deal it will expire fast. So get it soon. Its the best price in the market IINM.

I bought my phone from HS18. It was packed properly and shipped via DTDC. They are pretty reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys! Thanks for your help, but I was unable to take the Super Deal. Went to the Local Market, just to check on S Advance but Most Dealers reported a lot of connectivity issues with the Handset. Went about checking for other options and finally had to settle for a Sony Xperia Sola as I getting it for 13k. I know that, it is forever stuck on ICS officially but compared to S Advance, was the next best choice! Hope it turns out a bit reliable and overall first impression is awesome! The Timescape UI is lighter and faster. Happy that I got something Nice at a price that saved me money! :)

Yaar Budget wise I saved some money. Would get a Quad or more by the year end. E72 and Symbian were taking a lot of time getting used to as I have been using Android previously! :)

Class 10 is faster.... And if you ever root your phone and decide to use some of your sd card memory as internal memory for more apps and games, the class 10 will be more useful!! Class 10 would be better in the long run!

Class 10 is faster.... And if you ever root your phone and decide to use some of your sd card memory as internal memory for more apps and games, the class 10 will be more useful!! Class 10 would be better in the long run!
Bought Class 10 and surprisingly, the Phone is faster! BTW, Returned Xperia Sola after 4 Days as the ICS Update was buggy and Battery Back Up is the Worst I have seen! Dealer being my Friend helped me out and got LG Optimus L9 after paying 2k!

Back