android vs ios

evilwit

Disciple
hey guys i want to buy a new phone.currently i own a blackberry and i am fed up of it.i will use the phone for calling,watsapping,watching youtube and other hd videos,listening to songs,playing gaming games whenever i am free.i want good app support also.i have two phones in my mind.one is iphone 5 and other one is samsung galaxy note 2.i have used android before(samsung galaxy 3) and i have ipod touch 4g.there are two things that are stoping me to go for android.one of them is games.when i used android before free games for android were easy and boring and dint had good graphics.another problem with android is that its app store is not as vast as ios.i am not sure whether i would be able to find good apps.now lets come to ios.the problem i have with ios is that most people dont have iphones as it is very costly while andriod is widely owned.so more apps in comparasion to ios are being developed for it.i want a phone which should have good graphics and interface so that it doesnt turns boring after some time.and is iphone 5 a cdma phone and when is it going to release in india?thanks

^^ The app store for Android is big enough now, which app do you want and is not there for android?

Personally speaking I found IOS very restricting, Android you can customize nearly everything. However if you are the person who wouldn't want to tinker around with the phone to improve performance the stick with IOS, everything works out of the box.

BTW how are you comparing the Note 2 vs Iphone 5, one has a 4 inch screen, while other has a 5.5" screen. Its as simple as which phone factor you want.

Moderator Warning: Will monitor this thread closely. Unwanted fanboi posts and rants will be deleted and infractions will be doled out. So please refrain from trying to make this the S3 vs ip 4s thread.

@OP - As Aces has mentioned Android apps repository has grown and the phones section has quite a decent amount of apps. So that shouldn't be a concern anymore.
As he has mentioned if your consumption is going to be multimedia oriented then better try to demo both the phones and choose which screen size is more suitable to you.
Another option is the HTC One X which has a 4.7" HD SLCD 2 screen which is pretty good and offers a a screen size which is between the two.

If you are going to watch a lot of videos, then Note 2 will be your best bet.

#Aces170 - actually iPhone can also be tinkered with pretty much and the amount of tweaks and improvements that you can get on an iPhone after jailbreak are enormous. Moreover you don't have to hope or request a dev to include a specific tweak on their ROM.
ROM kitchens that many devs are using these days are pretty much inspired from repository based system like Cydia. Everyone knows that the downside is that one has to wait for the devs to release the jailbreak.
There are a lot of tweaks on iOs which are very intuitive and useful. I will give you 2 examples which i use -
1) Swipebright - lets me increase or decrease the brightness of the screen on the fly by just swiping my finger on the Notification bar.
2) Swipeselection - lets me move the cursor by moving my fingers between the space between the rows on the keyboard.

Frankly speaking i don't understand why people fight with so much fervor over choice of OS or mobile phone, like they were in the other thread that got closed.

^^ You maybe right, haven't really spent much time with IOS. But whatever little time I spent, had me splitting hairs for the lack of settings I am used to on CM based ROMS :)

Having used the MIUI ROM on Android, I feel atleast GUI wise it's the closest you can get to IOS on an Android. I was initially referring to OP's comment on lack of apps for Android. However I must admit for atleast gaming, IOS has a much wider repository yet, but specswise even the Power VR SGX 543MP2 is not able to match up to the eye candy rendered by Tegra 3 (a useless chip otherwise), however Iphone 5 maybe a different beast altogether here. Frankly speaking mobile gaming never really caught my fancy.

Back