Android within11k

Saurav3FR

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A. 11k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No micromax, lava, spice or the like

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required camera with auto-focus

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, multimedia, light gaming

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim

this'll be my first smartphone.. the 3" shouldnt be a big issue.. well hopefully not.. other than that im pretty much sold on the remaining features..

but lets say if i did wanna buy one with a bigger screen what would you recommend?

i did read XM's reviews.. the buttons auto activating under high temperature conditions seems to be a widespread issue but i've seen ppl reporting ICS having alleviated that.. counting on it..

about micromax.. cant seem to bring myself to trust any of the Indian brands :unsure:

As DarkAngel suggested, Xperia mini is the most powerful phone you can get under 11k. However, if you want alternative android phones with 5mp AF cameras you can chk out Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - http://deals.sulekha.com/samsung-ga...tm_source=tyroo&utm_content=galaxy-y-pro-duos & LG Optimus Hub E510 - LG-Mobile-Phones-E510-Black:www.yebhi.com.However, both these phones are inferior than XM. You could raise your budget by an additional grand and a half and get Motorola Defy plus or Xperia Pro from ebay with dealer warranty(if that's not an issue)

If you can consider Huawei, then go for X5 Pro (Junglee.com: Huawei Ideos X5 Pro U8800 Mobile Phone). Or put in more money and buy Huawei Ascend G300. It's one of the best/highest selling entry level android in UK with Vodafone Huawei Ascend G300(Dark Tarnish) Price in India, Buy Huawei Ascend G300(Dark Tarnish), Reviews & Features, Huawei Mobiles India - Infibeam.com. Bought Huawei U8800 for my brother in Bhopal after finding out there's an authorised service centre over there. If not this, then consider LG Optimus L5 as well (ICS OOB). Or else, listen to Darky :)

Edit: You may have to up your budget for all 3 above mentioned phone by 500 to 1K :|

Back