ankit fadia new book

MAGNeT

Skilled
well today checking my mail id when i suddenly checked i had received mails from ankit fadia.....i had joined his egroup way long ard 2 yrs bak.........but jus got the mail............lot of sample chapters he had given as forwards.........i havent checked that in detail but here r the details of the book i got in mail i will post other details as i go through it completely......

Dear Friends and Fellow Hackers,
I am delighted to inform you that my latest book titled "HACKING MOBILE PHONES"- which teaches you how to break into mobile phones and also protect your own mobile phone - is already a runaway bestselling hit all across the country! We SOLD OUT all copies nationwide within 2 weeks of the release of the book and have already gone in for a reprint. I would like to thank all of you for your support and patronage.
Keywords covered in the book include: SIM Card Cloning, Sending Free SMS messages, Viruses, Worms, Trojans, PIN cracking, Bluetooth Hacking, Secret Codes, Spam, DOS Attacks, Remotely crashing a Phone, Modifying Address Book, GPRS Internet, Jamming and loads more!
For those of you who havent already got a copy, I strongly recommend that you GET YOUR COPY TODAY and become a proud owner!
Title: An Ethical Guide to Hacking Mobile Phones
Publisher: Macmillan India Ltd.
ISBN: 1 403 92850 9
Cost: Rs. 220
Table of Contents: Attached!
Rave Reviews: Attached!
If the book is sold out in your local bookstore, then please contact your closest Macmillan India office (please see attached list) for home delivery of the book or email Mr. Rajat Chandra at rajat_c@macmillan.co.in (Selected lucky few get autographed copies from Macmillan India offices for a LIMITED PERIOD ONLY!)
Happy Hacking and stay tuned for tutorials on your favorite topics very soon!
Warm Regards,
Ankit Fadia

http://www.hackingmobilephones.com
Other Books by Ankit Fadia include:
-The Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking
-Network Security: A Hacker's Perspective
-An Ethical Hacking Guide to Corporate Security

i will surely buy this book......thats sure....but jus informing u ppl...and i m in no way involve with ankit but jus his fan

and sorry no sample chapters given jus the contents of index given....
http://www.hackingmobilephones.com/tableofcontents.pdf

sorry download content frm above link...its all got mixed up here

n Ethical Guide to Hacking Mobile Phones – By Ankit Fadia 1. Security Threats Bluetooth Hacking • Introduction • Working • Case Studies • Types of Bluetooth Threats • The Bluejack Attack • OBEX Push • Bluespamming • Bluetoothing • Modifying a Remote Mobile Phone’s Address Book • Fadia’s Hot Tools for Bluejacking • Countermeasures • The BlueSnarf Attack • OBEX Pull • Fadia’s Hot Tools for Bluesnarfing • Countermeasures • The Blue Backdoor Attack • The BlueBug Attack • Fadia’s Hot Tools for Bluebug Attacks • Short Pairing Code Attacks • Default Pairing Code Attacks • Random Challenge Response Generators • Man-In-Middle Attacks • Privacy Concerns • Brute Force Attacks • DOS Attacks • Cracking Pair Codes • Blueprinting • Fadia’s Hot Picks for popular Blueprinting Tools • Bluetooth Wardriving • Fadia’s Hot Picks for popular Bluetooth Hacking Tools • Vulnerable Mobile Phone Handsets • Countermeasures • Live Attack Logged Data
Mobile DOS Attacks • Introduction • Working • Different Types of DOS Attacks • Case Studies • Bluesmacking (Ping of Death) • Fadia’s Hot Picks for popular Bluesmacking Tools • Ping Flooding • Jamming • Malformed OBEX Message Attack • Failed Authentication Attack • Extreme Bluejacking • Malformed SMS text Message Attack • Local Malformd SMS text Message Attack • Malformed MIDI File Attack • Malformed Format String Vulnerability • Vulnerable Mobile Phone Handsets • Countermeasures • Live Attack Logged Data 2. Viruses and Worms • Introduction • Working • Case Studies • Types of Malicious Files • The Cabir Worm • The Mabir Worm • The Lasco Worm • The Commwarrior MMS virus • The Skulls Trojan • The MOS Trojan • The Fontal Trojan • The Hobbes Trojan • The Drever Trojan • The Locknut.A Trojan • The WinCE Duts Virus • The Onehop Trojan • The MGDropper Trojan • The Appdisabler Trojan • The Dampig File Dropper • The Doomboot Trojan
• Car Viruses • Mobile Phone Platforms • Fadia’s Hot Picks for popular Mobile Antivirus Tools • Countermeasures • Live Attack Logged Data 3. Security Tips and Tricks Nokia • Secret Codes • Restore Factory Default Settings • Unlocking the Phone • Default Passwords • Activating Half Rate • Unlocking the Service Provider Lock • Telephone Programming Tips • Bypassing the PIN prompt • Increasing the Battery Life • Use your mobile phone to snoop on other people • Crashing a Nokia Phone • Cheat Codes • Quick SMS Typing • Quick Reboot • Making FREE Phone Calls • Sending FREE Text Messages • Spoofing Your Phone Number Motorola • Secret Codes • Restore Factory Default Settings • Unlocking the Phone • Default Passwords • Telephone Programming Tips • Increasing the Battery Life • Use your mobile phone to snoop on other people • Crashing a Motorola Phone • Finding the Distance from Radio Base Station • Quick Reboot • Making FREE Phone Calls • Sending FREE Text messages • Spoofing Your Phone Number
Samsung • Secret Codes • Restore Factory Default Settings • Unlocking the Phone • Default Passwords • Telephone Programming Tips • Increasing the Battery Life • Use your mobile phone to snoop on other people • Crashing a Samsung Phone • Finding the Distance from Radio Base Station • Quick Reboot • Making FREE Phone Calls • Sending FREE Text messages • Spoofing Your Phone Number Sony-Ericsson • Secret Codes • Restore Factory Default Settings • Unlocking the Phone • Default Passwords • Telephone Programming Tips • Increasing the Battery Life • Use your mobile phone to snoop on other people • Crashing a Sony-Ericsson Phone • Finding the Distance from Radio Base Station • Quick Reboot • Making FREE Phone Calls • Sending FREE Text messages • Spoofing Your Phone Number Cingular/AT&T Wireless Security Tricks Sprint PCS Security Tricks DoCoMo Japan Security Tricks Blackberry Mobile Phone Tricks Vodafone
4. Appendix • Security Test: A Comparison of various Handsets • GSM VS CDMA • iMode • More Resources on the Internet

Sorry for being so blunt but I don't have much respect for this guy. He came to our college and couldn't answer a single question accurately of whatever we asked him. There are lot better hackers than him around. His books are written rather stupidly as well.

OT: This guy is probably the best hacker I've met:

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar/

Do NOT go for asian cyber law scholol or whatever it is.

I heard of a story once. Some guys went to a presentation by them, and they talked about the world's most famous hackers.

1. They probably meant to talk about the world's biggest crackers (because they mentioned Mitnick). But since many people do not differentiate between the two we can forgive them,

2. They mentioned Dennis Ritchie and/or Ken Thompson. Now these two are hackers, but in a completely different sense. When the guy go home and did a google search for hackers, apparently their names came up. ASCL just copies the names over, without verifying in what context they were mentioned.

then wht does u suggest guys..........
do i start self acccumulation of knowledge or does such courses........

1 more such course around is of vijay mukhi...but he charges ard 30k.............

asian cyber laws..course content looks good.....jus have a look.........

also r the ankit fadia book of any use(i hve heard alot that he copies content frm other online stuff and post it in his book)......i was thinking to get the abve mentioned book now

Get hacking exposed. It has all of these and more. I don't say it will teach you hacking in and of itself, but it will get you started off on directions to look at. I have had the book for some time now, but have not read it. I guess it is time to stop slacking off now.

Back