img1178hy4.jpg

img1176uh5.jpg

congrats :D ....

and you guys won't believe he went to US to purchase this :eek:

fanboi cudn't wait couple of day for local dealer to deliver :rofl::rofl:

EDIT: Now he must be out searching for me but SZ had to let this out :D

^ Hahaha yeah :rofl:

Congrats! Everybody here knew this was sooo coming :p

P.S. - 4 Fingers gestures on Expose are to DIE FOR!!!

I discovered a rather odd glitch on the system

When I disconnect it from ac power, the battery icon switches from the charging icon to discharging battery icon for a few seconds, then switches back to the AC icon on its own (status: battery not charging, power source: Power adapter) :O

Called Apple Support.. given the relative complexity of the case (International DOA - Dead on Arrival i.e. Borked Out of the box) it took over 1.5 hrs

After a bunch of transfers from within their Bangalore office, they finally transferred me to a L2 senior customer relationship guy in their sydney queue

The problem is either with the battery or the system itself.

I now need to go visit a Apple service provider in Chennai

They will swap the battery to confirm if it is a bettery issue (hopefully), if yes, Apple will replace the battery immediately

If it is a system issue, they will start a DOA replacement process (which may take 2 weeks though)

superczar said:
I discovered a rather odd glitch on the system

When I disconnect it from ac power, the battery icon switches from the charging icon to discharging battery icon for a few seconds, then switches back to the AC icon on its own (status: battery not charging, power source: Power adapter) :O

It sounds more like a battery firmware issue. Does the battery indicator on the side correctly display the power left? Try looking on software update for any battery firmware updates.

Rave Beetch, the two things are unrelated...

TB, it seems like some other issue...

I tried a battery swap at a AASP but no go...My battery however did not cause any similar issues in the other system we tried it in at the AASP

Hopefully, On Monday, I should be able to get the DOA process initiated via Apple care

Back