Another one to join the list!!!

Jasku

Skilled
Hi guys, just got my Diamond 4850!!!! Looks pretty nice....

Man i have to get ready for office....but wanna try out the card!!!

I am gonna try without a fresh install and see how it goes!
10072008177largewa0.jpg

10072008178largepx9.jpg

10072008179largeld6.jpg

With all the anticipations, I thought u were going with the 4870; :p

Anyhow Congrats; get the 2nd on ASAP and CF FTW!!!

gannu said:
With all the anticipations, I thought u were going with the 4870; :p

Anyhow Congrats; get the 2nd on ASAP and CF FTW!!!

thanks Gannu...and yea..I will prolly get a better a little later, or CF, but this was too tempting and had to try it out for the time being!!!

So jus uninstalling my current 1900xt driver and pluggin this in and installing new drivers should do the trick na?

@stalker- thank you and yeha...this was long due man...after an age long wait!..really hope its worth the wait!!! it will be a big upgrade from a 1900xt(256mb)

Congrats.... another one joins the red brigade....

I have to keep my wallet ready for second hand cards tht might hit the market section soon :bleh:

Yes, that should do hwever the best method being going into Safe mode and uninstalling using driver cleaner and wiping all the reg entries;

Cat 8.7 beta or the 8.6 + hotfix; :D

But do a clean install using XP/Vista later on; :D

ronnie_gogs said:
Congrats.... another one joins the red brigade....

I have to keep my wallet ready for second hand cards tht might hit the market section soon :bleh:

Yea ronnie...thats true!!:tongue: and thanks!!!

gannu said:
Yes, that should do hwever the best method being going into Safe mode and uninstalling using driver cleaner and wiping all the reg entries;

Cat 8.7 beta or the 8.6 + hotfix; :D

But do a clean install using XP/Vista later on; :D

AIte thanks mate...will do after I get back from office...cant do anything now!!:mad:

i_max2k2 said:
Congrats Jasku, great purchase,

I'd like to see 4850+4870 CF, see how it scales, might be a good upgrade path for many!

yea dude...I actually wanted the 4870, but at that time, my friend in the US was leaving on the 5th and there was no availabilty of the 4870, so had to get this one, I am expecting someone to come down in a month or so, I will prolly upgrade again!

I really love ur GTX 280 man...its awesome!! and u got it for $400!...its times like these that my patriotism hits rock bottom!!:mad: Nah im kidding...I LOVE my country :hap2:

vij said:
Congrats!!!
Want to get this one. But I cant see the temp soaring into 90s... :(
I want it sub 80 out of the box .

Nope, with a tweak u can make any 4850 idle at 50'C and load at 80'C Max, straight out of the box; :D

Its as simple as I type these; :p

Switch said:
Congrats

but still no signs of a 4870... :(

Thanks, u mean on TE??...cause its in stock in most etailers around US!

fangface said:
Think Udit is getting one from KMD :)

Yuppers,,,thats true

vij said:
Congrats!!!

Want to get this one. But I cant see the temp soaring into 90s... :(

I want it sub 80 out of the box .

There is a fan speed fix out there for it, its really not a problem, as its within ATI's temperature norms.

Jasku said:
yea dude...I actually wanted the 4870, but at that time, my friend in the US was leaving on the 5th and there was no availabilty of the 4870, so had to get this one, I am expecting someone to come down in a month or so, I will prolly upgrade again!

I really love ur GTX 280 man...its awesome!! and u got it for $400!...its times like these that my patriotism hits rock bottom!!:mad: Nah im kidding...I LOVE my country :hap2:

haha lol, yea buddy I really got lucky, I mean even here, prices for the evga vanilla 280 hadn't touched $499 till yesterday, but doesn't matter I think that 4850 will serve u well!

And wait a few days some reviews will shortly be out about 4850+4870 CF and you could seriously consider that if they are good!

cong so are u sell the 1900 xt :p or can u gift u me at near Chennai pickup :D

enjoy dx10.1 gaming power of joy ATI performance graphic

Back