Another Universal Remote query *confused*

coolraghav

Skilled
Hey Guys,

Its really trouble handling so many controllers..

1. SONY TV
2. Onkyo
3. TataSky
4. A/C
5. Samsung DVD Player

I would like to have single controller for all these equipments and if possible which also works with windows media center edition, because I do have HDMI output from my PC to my TV.

Please suggest me some good controller which is compatible with all the products I have..

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/&cl=us,en

Any from the above ? I'm ready to spend Rs.4000-5000 on it. Although I was planning to buy Harmony 550, but don't know what it may cost here in Delhi.

Waiting for all the pro replies :p

Best Regards

coolraghav said:
Hey Guys,

Its really trouble handling so many controllers..

1. SONY TV
2. Onkyo
3. TataSky
4. A/C
5. Samsung DVD Player

I would like to have single controller for all these equipments and if possible which also works with windows media center edition, because I do have HDMI output from my PC to my TV.

Please suggest me some good controller which is compatible with all the products I have..

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/&cl=us,en

Any from the above ? I'm ready to spend Rs.4000-5000 on it. Although I was planning to buy Harmony 550, but don't know what it may cost here in Delhi.

Waiting for all the pro replies :p

Best Regards

well in india the 550 is not available but the 525 is and costs MRP 5995.but i feel they are not worth it get a cheap sony universal remote from amazon the one with the learning capabality.

adder said:
well in india the 550 is not available but the 525 is and costs MRP 5995.but i feel they are not worth it get a cheap sony universal remote from amazon the one with the learning capabality.

logitech Harmony 525 is selling for around 4.5k in India.

adder said:

Thanks for the advise bro, but It may not have same good look which this controller has.

gmano said:
logitech Harmony 525 is selling for around 4.5k in India.

I think it functions same as 550, just look differs (white/grey ..litte more slim?)

My Tatsky and A/C will work with them ?

Thanks,
Raghav

525 is a learning remote, so you can make it work with any device. You can even assign you Air condition remote's key to this remote :)

gmano said:
525 is a learning remote, so you can make it work with any device. You can even assign you Air condition remote's key to this remote :)

so you give me go-go to this remote or should I get something else from amazon/newegg via KMD ? I still want something good looking with LCD.

coolraghav said:
so you give me go-go to this remote or should I get something else from amazon/newegg via KMD ? I still want something good looking with LCD.

You can even get cheap Sony $18 ones from amazon, they can do the job, they are also learning remotes. Sometime back KMD quoted me 1,400 rs for 18$ remote (when $ INR conversion rate was like 39rs), now he might quote more. But these remotes lack an LCD.

Yeah, I need good remote with LCD ...so this is best in price ?..ppl suggest please...anything from anywhere even from US..because we have KMD *heroic*

gmano said:
You can even get cheap Sony $18 ones from amazon, they can do the job, they are also learning remotes. Sometime back KMD quoted me 1,400 rs for 18$ remote (when $ INR conversion rate was like 39rs), now he might quote more. But these remotes lack an LCD.

the sony RM-VL600
Amazon.com: Sony RM-VL600 8-Device Universal Learning Remote: Electronics

this one has learning functions ,note some remotes are advertised as learning remote for eg the sony RM-V21ot which is available in sony india for 1490 doesnt have learning feature but it has preprogrammed codes which is of no use in some cases since all buttons may not work.

so get the sony RM-VL600 it has a learning mode which understands each and every function of ur existing remote by teaching it.

coolraghav said:
Yeah, I need good remote with LCD ...so this is best in price ?..ppl suggest please...anything from anywhere even from US..because we have KMD *heroic*

well my uncle had bought the logitech harmony 880 which has a color screen trust he didnt like the remote,its just to complicated and u should be carefully not to drop it ,the volume controls are small and u have to spend time searching for the key u cant just blindly press the button,since each time u use it u have to look at the remote,so now he is planning to sell it off and he has already bought the sony RM-VL600 and currently using that.

adder said:
well my uncle had bought the logitech harmony 880 which has a color screen trust he didnt like the remote,its just to complicated and u should be carefully not to drop it ,the volume controls are small and u have to spend time searching for the key u cant just blindly press the button,since each time u use it u have to look at the remote,so now he is planning to sell it off and he has already bought the sony RM-VL600 and currently using that.

how much is it for ? Maybe I'll buy :cool2:

u mean the logitech harmony 880 he bought it for around 13k odd in bangalore just 2 months ago .will have to ask him how much he is going to selling it for.

Is LCD on a remote so important? Does it have any purpose or is it only for looks? I think the most important feature that I would look for in a universal remote controller would be learning feature and how many things/models can it operate rest everything is secondary.

Well what ever you buy i'd suggest to go thru the users reviews of that product on Amazon. Apart from the reviews these also help in making up your mind.

coolraghav said:
I find those gadget guru guys fake ...they are very commercial & sponsored.
But Hmm thanks for the lookout...I'll wait for KMD's reply.

no i mean just look at philips remote it has big buttons for channel change and volume,from watching gadget guru u can easily tell urself that philips is easier to use.the option to choose device are big and easy takes fewer steps then logitech.

Back