User Review Antec A20 Heatsink Review

Introduction

Antec is mostly known for its top notch power supplies and Cases but apart from this they have a wide range of products which include some media components and Cooling solutions too. Today we will be Looking at one of the Antec’s new series of low noise CPU coolers i.e. Antec A20 Air Cooler. Antec A20 is designed with whisper-quiet liquid state bearing Fan that works with the case's airflow to effectively force out the heat Generated by the processor and the rubber fan grommets to reduce vibration.

Features

• Innovative Cartoon Style
• Bigger Aluminum Base
• Easy-installation
• Multi-angle installation

Specifications:
• Net Weight: - 290g
• Unit Dimensions: - 66 (L) x87 (W) x115 (H) mm
• Copper heat pipes: - 2 x 6mm
• Fan Dimension: - 80 x80 x25mm
• Fan spindle bearing: -Liquid State Bearing
• Fan Speed: -2200RPM
• Noise : - <25dba
• CFM: - 36
• Sockets Compatible: - Intel LGA 1366/1155/1156/775 and AMD FM1/AM2/AM2+/AM3

Preview

With a nice color combination Antec uses a small packing With a cartoon character on the front of the box.

This is what from the back box looks like.

One side of the box contains some shots of line diagram of the Cooler.

While other side reveals up the specifications and CPU Compatibility list with different sockets.

Below are some accessories that come with Antec A20 Cooler.

The Antec A20 heatsink packs with two 6mm u shaped heatpipes, According to the specifications, it measures 66(L)x87(W)x115(H)mm And weighs 290 grams , with an 80mm PWM fan.

At the base of the Antec A20, the heatpipes are exposed in Order to make direct contact with the CPU. The Cooler comes with a pre-applied Layer of thermal compound.

There is an option to install additional 80mm fan at the back for push-pull configuration in order to get better performance.

Instead of fan clips Antec used rubber fan grommets which Help to reduce the vibration.

Test Setup and Testing Methodology
  • AMD ATHLON II X4 635
  • Gigabyte GA-m68mt-Sp2
  • G-skill Ripjaws 2gb @1600mhz
  • Western Digital 1.5TB
  • Antec A20
  • Corsair AX1200i

· Software Used
  • OCCT 4.3.2
  • Hardware Monitor
  • Core Temp
  • CPUID

For comparison I used Amd stock cooler, Deepcool Gammaxx 200 and Cooler master TX-3.

Methodology

Before proceeding next I would like to explain testing Method and the steps taken to draw out final temperature, all the testing is Done outside the cabinet as it makes easier to change and mount the Heatsinks While testing. Testing of the each heatsink will consist of loading the Processor at stock speed using occult CPU test for around 20 minutes. The load Temperatures and idle temps are recorded using software Hardware Monitor and Core temp.
Room Temperature maintained @30c uses Air Conditioner; all The Heatsinks will be using the same thermal interface material i.e Deepcool Z5.

Test Results

Stock clocks @2.9GHz

Amd Stock Cooler

Antec A20

Deepcool Gammaxx200

Cooler Master TX-3

Temperature Graph

Final Thoughts

Users looking for a better heatsink than a stock or a heatsink that can fit in their HTPC case they can consider Antec A20 cooler. Antec A20 is available in the market for around rs700. The cooler maybe not Build for Overclocking, but if you want a quiet CPU cooler that fits a narrow Budget and cabinet to keep your CPU cool and quiet the Antec A20 will be a good Option.

The Good

Price
Easy installation
Build quality

The Bad

Noisy Fan

Specially Thanks to Antec for providing the review Sample.

Back